Were you working on a VMWare image for Bricolage 2.0? I think it would be helpful for people trying to evaluate Bricolage.

Thanks,

David
Re: Bricolage 2.0 VMWare Image [ In reply to ]
On 12/10/2010 11:47 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> Hey Cameron,
>
> Were you working on a VMWare image for Bricolage 2.0? I think it would be helpful for people trying to evaluate Bricolage.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Yes. The holidays are coming soon. QEMU image is available.

- cameron
Re: Bricolage 2.0 VMWare Image [ In reply to ]
On Dec 10, 2010, at 10:56 AM, cdmiller wrote:

>> Were you working on a VMWare image for Bricolage 2.0? I think it would be helpful for people trying to evaluate Bricolage.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David
>>

> Yes. The holidays are coming soon. QEMU image is available.

What's "QEMU image"? The latest I see on the FTP server is 1.11.0.

Thanks,

David
Re: Bricolage 2.0 VMWare Image [ In reply to ]
On 12/10/2010 12:01 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2010, at 10:56 AM, cdmiller wrote:
>
>>> Were you working on a VMWare image for Bricolage 2.0? I think it would be helpful for people trying to evaluate Bricolage.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> David
>>>

>> Yes. The holidays are coming soon. QEMU image is available.
>
> What's "QEMU image"? The latest I see on the FTP server is 1.11.0.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

We run on Linux KVM/QEMU. All VM's I roll default to KVM/QEMU first. I
go through a conversion process for vmware virtual disk format and
compatible drivers.

http://wiki.qemu.org/Main_Page
ftp://ftp.adams.edu/pub/bricolage/qemu/
ftp://ftp.adams.edu/pub/bricolage/README.qemu

- cameron
Re: Bricolage 2.0 VMWare Image [ In reply to ]
On Dec 10, 2010, at 11:11 AM, cdmiller wrote:

> We run on Linux KVM/QEMU. All VM's I roll default to KVM/QEMU first. I
> go through a conversion process for vmware virtual disk format and
> compatible drivers.
>
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Main_Page
> ftp://ftp.adams.edu/pub/bricolage/qemu/
> ftp://ftp.adams.edu/pub/bricolage/README.qemu

Oh, I see, there's a 2.0 image under that second link. Is that for public consumption? If so, I'd like to get the site download page updated.

Thanks,

David
Re: Bricolage 2.0 VMWare Image [ In reply to ]
On 12/10/2010 12:20 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Main_Page
>> ftp://ftp.adams.edu/pub/bricolage/qemu/
>> ftp://ftp.adams.edu/pub/bricolage/README.qemu
>
> Oh, I see, there's a 2.0 image under that second link. Is that for public consumption? If so, I'd like to get the site download page updated.

Yes, it's on public FTP. I'll try to get a working vmware bric 2 out
during the holidays. As before, if somebody creates a good Bric 2.0
vmware before I do that's fine with me.

- cameron
Re: Bricolage 2.0 VMWare Image [ In reply to ]
On Dec 10, 2010, at 1:06 PM, cdmiller wrote:

> Yes, it's on public FTP. I'll try to get a working vmware bric 2 out
> during the holidays. As before, if somebody creates a good Bric 2.0
> vmware before I do that's fine with me.

Awesome, thanks, I look forward to seeing it.

Best,

David