‎Templating and document modeling strategies for content management‎

With four years of experience working with content management systems, the presenter has learned a few tricks of the trade when it comes to effective templating strategies. The talk will focus on best practices for document modeling and templating. Perl and Mason techniques using the Bricolage CMS will serve as the main examples, but areas of applicability to other CMS platforms will be pointed out. Some background in Perl and Mason will be helpful to understand the more technical aspects of the talk.

-Matt
Re: Bricolage 2 presentations at YAPC 2010 Columbus Ohio June 21-23 [ In reply to ]
Awesome, wish I could be there!

Re: Bricolage 2 presentations at YAPC 2010 Columbus Ohio June 21-23 [ In reply to ]
Anyone else think they might attend? Would love to see some Toronto people come down.

-Matt

Re: Bricolage 2 presentations at YAPC 2010 Columbus Ohio June 21-23 [ In reply to ]
Interesting idea. The Toronto folks -- Bret, Dawn, Greg and yours truly -- are meeting up next Wednesday for a "Bricolage 2.0 launch celebration" at our local pub (we suggest that you do the same in your town!). We'll add this to the, um, "Agenda" for the evening and see what we can remember the next day.

All kidding aside, how far as the drive to Columbus from Toronto?

Phillip.

--
Phillip Smith // Simplifier of Technology // COMMUNITY BANDWIDTH

VOICE: Toronto: 416 921 4608 // New York: 646 810 8642 // Oxford: 1865 989328
WEB: www.communitybandwidth.ca // www.phillipadsmith.com
SOCIAL: phillipadsmith on Skype, Twitter, LinkedIn, and all that jazz.

NOTES: This email is: [ ] bloggable [X] ask first [ ] private
Re: Bricolage 2 presentations at YAPC 2010 Columbus Ohio June 21-23 [ In reply to ]
Road trip???
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=toronto,on&daddr=columbus,oh

Matt, I hope slides or even a recording will be available?

On 5 May 2010, at 1:56 PM, Phillip Smith wrote:

> Interesting idea. The Toronto folks -- Bret, Dawn, Greg and yours truly -- are meeting up next Wednesday for a "Bricolage 2.0 launch celebration" at our local pub (we suggest that you do the same in your town!). We'll add this to the, um, "Agenda" for the evening and see what we can remember the next day.
>
> All kidding aside, how far as the drive to Columbus from Toronto?
>
> Phillip.
>
> On 2010-05-04, at 8:27 PM, Matthew Rolf wrote:
>
>> Anyone else think they might attend? Would love to see some Toronto people come down.
>>
>> -Matt

---
Greg Heo
software and web developer
greg@node79.com
416.826.7630
Re: Bricolage 2 presentations at YAPC 2010 Columbus Ohio June 21-23 [ In reply to ]
On May 5, 2010, at 11:14 AM, Greg Heo wrote:

> Road trip???
> http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=toronto,on&daddr=columbus,oh
>
> Matt, I hope slides or even a recording will be available?

Don’t forget to allow for 3 hours at the border.

Best,

David
Re: Bricolage 2 presentations at YAPC 2010 Columbus Ohio June 21-23 [ In reply to ]
Slides will definitely be available. Recordings have been touch and go in the past with YAPC, but I will see if that can happen.

For Torontonians thinking of making the trip (or any Bricoleurs) I live relatively close to the city center and would be happy to help entertain anyone who happens to come into town.

Also, registration for the conference is a paltry $100, and there should be some good options for affordable rooms.

Matt

Re: Bricolage 2 presentations at YAPC 2010 Columbus Ohio June 21-23 [ In reply to ]
Posted on the new, shiny, Bricolage "blog" here:
http://bricolagecms.org/news/2010/05/19/bricolage-2-at-yapc-ohio/

More submissions welcome! :-)

Phillip.

Re: Bricolage 2 presentations at YAPC 2010 Columbus Ohio June 21-23 [ In reply to ]
The talks went very well. The slides are linked on the talk pages below. At least the "Intro to Bric 2" was video taped. Which is good, because I was speaking at the same time as Damian Conway, and it totally slaughtered the attendance.

Templating and Document Modeling Strategies

http://yapc2010.com/yn2010/talk/2691

Intro to Bric 2: Features and Installation

http://yapc2010.com/yn2010/talk/2690

Both these talks got me excited about how much Bric 2 has improved over its predecessor, and just how much you can do with it. I'm sorry none of the list regulars could make it, but it has been a good conference regardless.

-Matt
Re: Bricolage 2 presentations at YAPC 2010 Columbus Ohio June 21-23 [ In reply to ]
Awesome, thanks Matt!

David

Re: Bricolage 2 presentations at YAPC 2010 Columbus Ohio June 21-23 [ In reply to ]
... and blogged. :-)
http://bricolagecms.org/news/2010/06/28/bricolage-presentations-at-yapc/