--Please enter your response above this line--
RFX Technologies<http://www.rfxtechnologies.com/>
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );
Re: How-To: Permissions to create new categories with multisite [ In reply to ]
On 2013-12-19, at 8:59 AM, Adam Wilson <AWilson@RFXTechnologies.com> wrote:

> Developers,
> I am using Bricolage to support many sites. I have some users that are restricted to a single site. I have locked down permissions to restrict authors for one site from having access to other sites.
> Somehow, in the process, I have made it so that users cannot create new categories for their site, even though I have given them Create permissions for All Categories under Object Groups. The problem is that from the Categories screen, my users don't have the ability to choose a site, even when I give them access to All sites(which I would rather not do, but tried it as part of my troubleshooting.)
>
> Can anyone help me understand which permission(s) is/are removing the Site drop list on the New Category screen?

Hi Adam,

I'm unclear on the specifics of what you're experiencing and I think it will be hard to troubleshoot without knowing what permissions you have set for which objects, so perhaps you can post to a screenshot of the permissions screen for starters?

Otherwise, I'd suggest just re-reviewing this:
http://www.phillipadsmith.com/2008/04/bricolage-permissions-101.html

… and then, if possible, just firing up a Bricolage instance (maybe the VM) on your laptop and working through the permission scenario that you'd like to have one step at a time: one browser logged-in as admin, one logged-in as the target user/user group.

Hope that helps a bit.

Phillip.

--
Phillip Smith