Mailing List Archive

A new release, and a request for thoughts
Hi everybody,

I'm thinking it's time to put out a fresh Bricolage edition. Does
anybody else think that too?

For the IFEX installation a few months ago, I made a few changes to
allow the default values of fields to be generated with code (sort of
like what happens in a code select, but for text fields.

The use case here was for pre-writing the text of tweets: the field
would populate itself with a shortened URL, and hashtags, and twitter
handles of contributors, and so on, based on the containing story.

Does that idea (code-populated fields) appeal to anybody else? If it
does, I'll file a patch.

Thanks so much,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer
RE: A new release, and a request for thoughts [ In reply to ]
+1

Adam

Re: A new release, and a request for thoughts [ In reply to ]
On 2012-05-04, at 3:08 PM, Bret Dawson wrote:

> I'm thinking it's time to put out a fresh Bricolage edition. Does
> anybody else think that too?

YES!

> Does that idea (code-populated fields) appeal to anybody else? If it
> does, I'll file a patch.

YES!

I also think it's time for a new newsletter, which I've been very, very bad at prioritizing lately. :(

Phillip.

--
Phillip Smith
http://phillipadsmith.com