Mailing List Archive

1 2 3  View All
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
On 2/14/2011 3:26 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> The wysiwyg patch has been brought to a level discussed in this
> thread. Few other bugs
> have been resolved and it should be ok. The remaining bug is:
> The editor dosn't know about any changes to related documents made by
> AJAX API, until
> at least Save and Stay is pressed.

Zdravko,

CKEditor works fairly well for me in testing, thanks to your patches.
Using your latest code in your git fork, my editor *does* preserve
changes when a new element is added or an existing element is related,
in addition to when the user clicks *Save and Stay*.

However, the WYSIWYG field dies (cannot be focused anymore) when I drag
& drop the element to a different position in the story. Do you
experience this as well?

Thanks,
Nick
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Nick Legg wrote:
> On 2/14/2011 3:26 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:
>>
>> The wysiwyg patch has been brought to a level discussed in this
>> thread. Few other bugs
>> have been resolved and it should be ok. The remaining bug is:
>> The editor dosn't know about any changes to related documents made by
>> AJAX API, until
>> at least Save and Stay is pressed.
>>

> Zdravko,
>
> CKEditor works fairly well for me in testing, thanks to your patches.
> Using your latest code in your git fork, my editor *does* preserve
> changes when a new element is added or an existing element is related,
> in addition to when the user clicks *Save and Stay*.
>
> However, the WYSIWYG field dies (cannot be focused anymore) when I drag
> & drop the element to a different position in the story. Do you
> experience this as well?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Hi, Nick!
What I meant is when you add a related element, editor doesn't know about
it until *Save and Stay*. About staying out of focus it doesn't happen to me.
It could be some browser trick. My browser is:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101209 CentOS/3.6-2.el5.centos Firefox/3.6.13
but I admit, I have poorly checked cross browser compatibility. Though, none
of my users have complained, yet.

Regards, Zdravko
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Nick Legg wrote:

> However, the WYSIWYG field dies (cannot be focused anymore) when I drag
> & drop the element to a different position in the story. Do you
> experience this as well?

Hi, Nick!
Have you got stuck with this? If so, send me a file where you suspect a bug,
and I'll check for differences. Maybe we use different versions...

Regards, Zdravko
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Hi Zdravko,

This happens to me in Firefox 3.6 and 4 as well as the latest Chrome and
Safari. It works correctly in IE. I'm starting to suspect the issue
lies either in ckeditor.html (attached) or it's something to do with the
older version of Prototype used by Bricolage. Either way, I haven't
discovered much more about this yet. I've tested CKEditor 3.5.2 and 3.6.

Thanks,
Nick

Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Nick, hi!

Really strange. I have Firefox 3.6.15 and things are fine. I haven't tested
Chrome nor Safari.
CKEditor is 3.4.2 which is just like yours.

Unfortunately, your attachment didn't got through.

Are you sure you have also the last commit (Feb. the 14th) that is still in
my pull request on github? I'am new to github, so please, expect anything.

Regards, Zdravko

Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Hmm, does this list strip all attachments? Anyway, I diff'ed against
the ckeditor.html in your commit
(https://github.com/zdravko/bricolage/blob/8123d6671e217a84c3e74347224ce170760044d1/comp/widgets/wysiwyg/ckeditor.html)
and we are running the same code. Did you commit everything that your
system is currently running?

What does your config look like? I have the following:
CKEDITOR_CONFIG = config.language = 'en'; contentsLanguage = 'en';
config.skin = 'v2'; config.extraPlugins = 'autogrow';
config.enableTabKeyTools = true; config.toolbarCanCollapse = false;
config.stylesSet = [.{ name : 'Emphasis', element : 'em' },{ name :
'Strong Emphasis', element : 'strong' },{ name : 'Small', element :
'small' },{ name : 'Big', element : 'big' }]; config.toolbar =
[['SpecialChar','-','Find','Replace','-','Format','Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike','Subscript','Superscript','-','NumberedList','BulletedList','-','PasteFromWord','-','Undo','Redo','-','Source']];

Thanks,
Nick

Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Nick,
well, yes, this is the last commit. ckeditor.html looks the same. My config is somewhat richer:
CKEDITOR_CONFIG = config.language = 'en'; contentsLanguage = 'en'; config.skin = 'v2'; config.extraPlugins = 'autogrow';
config.enableTabKeyTools = true; config.stylesSet = [.{ name : 'Emphasis', element : 'em' },{ name : 'Strong Emphasis', element :
'strong' },{ name : 'Small', element : 'small' },{ name : 'Big', element : 'big' },{ name : 'Computer Code', element : 'code' },{
name : 'Deleted Text', element : 'del' },{ name : 'Inserted Text' , element : 'ins' },]; config.toolbar =
[['Source'],['Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteFromWord',
'Scayt'],['Undo','Redo','-','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','RemoveFormat'],['Bold','Italic','Underline','Strike','-','Subscript','Superscript'],'/',['NumberedList','BulletedList','-','Outdent','Indent','Blockquote','CreateDiv'],['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock'],['Link','Unlink','Anchor'],['Image','Flash','Table','HorizontalRule','Smiley','SpecialChar','PageBreak'],['Styles','Format'],['TextColor','BGColor'],['Maximize',
'ShowBlocks','-']];

except for config.toolbarCanCollapse = false; which I don't have.

As far as I can tell, I did commit everything that I run. There not that many files, anyway.
I didn't touch any of the AJAX code. lib.js is the same.
I'll try to reinstall my fork, and see if it runs.

Zdravko

Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Nick, hi!

I have reinstalled bricolage from my fork and I can't recreate any errors,
on my Firefox.
Everything went smoothly. CKEditor worked also after playing around with
story elements...

hmm, where should we go from here?

Regards, Zdravko
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Nick, hi!

The code bellow looks so smart, but it's not. :) If a wysiwyg field is added via AJAX
it still requires immediate "Stay and Save" or any text typed in will be lost.
Afterwards, it's ok.

This should have handle it (from ckeditor.html) but it appears like it doesn't.

var sub = $('theForm').onsubmit;
$('theForm').onsubmit = function () {
if ( !arguments.callee.caller) return sub();
$A(editors).each(function(editor) {
if (document.getElementById( editor ))
CKEDITOR.instances[editor].updateElement(); });
return sub();
}

Could you check this, please.

Regards, Zdravko.
ps. I've tried it on Chrome, too, and I can't recreate the error you have mentioned.
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Hi Zdravko,

Yes - using CKEditor, any text added to a brand-new WYSIWYG field is not
saved until I perform one of the following actions:

- Click the Save & Stay button
- Click the Save button
- Add any new element to the story
- Delete any element from the story

P.S. I still haven't been able to track down what's happening when I
drag & drop WYSIWYGs, though.

Thanks,
Nick

Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Nick Legg wrote:
> Hi Zdravko,
>
> Yes - using CKEditor, any text added to a brand-new WYSIWYG field is not
> saved until I perform one of the following actions:

Well, if you have any AJAX friends... I don't really have a clue about AJAX.

> P.S. I still haven't been able to track down what's happening when I
> drag & drop WYSIWYGs, though.

Should I send you a cloned bricolage? This sounds like a beginners hint, though. :)
Or let me give you a test account on my dev installation. Maybe I just don't see
it. Just pick any story you find.

site: bricolage2-dev.over.net
username: testit
password: testit

Regards, Zdravko.
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Hey Zdravko,

I have logged into your dev server - I must say it is interesting to
navigate Bricolage in a language that is completely foreign to me!
Anyway, I can reproduce the error on your system, too. Here's what I did:

1. Edit the "Identity Card" story on "testit" Workspace.
2. Notice two elements: a WYSIWYG element (which happens to have a blank
title) and a URL element.
3. Drag the WYSIWYG element below the URL element.
4. Presto! The WYSIWYG text disappears and its now-empty text area is
un-clickable.

Thanks,
Nick

Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
> it. Just pick any story you find.

Well, not just any. As you log in you'll find one in the current workspace. :)

You will get confused by language, but you will probably be able to recreate
the problem.

Regards, Zdravko
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
This is unbelievable. I can switch them as much as I like, and still I am able
to normally type into the wywsiwyg field. No freezing or anything. The text is
there. ??? Let's call for a third party, here. Would someone try this, please.

Huh, Zdravko

RE: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
I just tried it and got the same results as Nick.
I am using Chrome.

Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Oh, now I get it! I was moving other fields around wysiwyg. It's when you
move the editor itself it fails!

Huh. Well, at least I know now.
My best guess is: AJAX! The CKEditor needs to be restarted. I don't know how, though.
You are the first one that actually moved this field! We were all moving everything
else around! :)

Regards, Zdravko.
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Nick Legg wrote:

> P.S. I still haven't been able to track down what's happening when I
> drag & drop WYSIWYGs, though.

Could we call someone for AJAX help here?
We need to save the field value on drag, and restore it on drop.
Regards, Zdravko
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]

Who? Like Captain Ajax? (Oddly enough, I happen to know him: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kk/56304336/)

--
Phillip Smith
http://phillipadsmith.com
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Phillip Smith wrote:
> On 2011-06-07, at 3:09 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:
>
>> Nick Legg wrote:
>>> P.S. I still haven't been able to track down what's happening when I drag & drop WYSIWYGs, though.
>> Could we call someone for AJAX help here?
>> We need to save the field value on drag, and restore it on drop.
>
> Who? Like Captain Ajax? (Oddly enough, I happen to know him: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kk/56304336/)

:) Well, a joke is a joke. I'm new here, I don't know how you work. :)

Zdravko
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Hi,
I wonder, do people who wrote Bricolage drag and drop element interface read
this mail list? I would need some help here.
Zdravko

--
Zdravko Balorda
Med.Over.Net

Tel.: +386 (0)1 520 50 50

Obiščite sistem zdravstvenih nasvetov Med.Over.Net
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Hi, Nick!

Well, it looks like I managed to fix the saving issue, bellow. Now, a text
added to a brand-new field is saved. It doesn't need any dummy click Save&Stay
anymore.
There were too many lines of code in ckeditor.html.

$('theForm').onsubmit = function () {
$A(editors).each(function(editor) {
if (document.getElementById( editor ))
CKEDITOR.instances[editor].updateElement(); });
}

Note however, that it's a blind fix, meaning that something else may fall apart. :)

Regards, Zdravko
ps. regarding the other bug, I'm still struggling for onDrop function caller...

Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
On Nov 2, 2011, at 3:26 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> $('theForm').onsubmit = function () {
> $A(editors).each(function(editor) {
> if (document.getElementById( editor ))
> CKEDITOR.instances[editor].updateElement(); });
> }
>
> Note however, that it's a blind fix, meaning that something else may fall apart. :)
>
> Regards, Zdravko
> ps. regarding the other bug, I'm still struggling for onDrop function caller...

I assume you'll submit a pull request once you're satisfied with these fixes?

Thanks,

David
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2011, at 3:26 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:
>
>> $('theForm').onsubmit = function () {
>> $A(editors).each(function(editor) {
>> if (document.getElementById( editor ))
>> CKEDITOR.instances[editor].updateElement(); });
>> }
>>
>> Note however, that it's a blind fix, meaning that something else may fall apart. :)
>>
>> Regards, Zdravko
>> ps. regarding the other bug, I'm still struggling for onDrop function caller...
>
> I assume you'll submit a pull request once you're satisfied with these fixes?

David, hi!

Yes! I wish Nick will recheck if this is working ok. Regarding the other bug, it looks
for now that wysiwyg field shouldn't be moved. Move everything else around, but don't
move the editor. :)

Another thing still missing is extending this support to editors contained by children containers.
The dilemma being collecting all related media from all containers and passing them to all editors
or being container specific. Probably the first, which is also easier to implement, thankfully. :)

Regards, Zdravko
Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Hi Zdravko,

I just tried this patch on a test system. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to
make any difference in our environment. What action is supposed to trigger
this updated "save" code? I created a new editor element, added some text,
then clicked Preview and the new text wasn't on the previewed document.

Thanks,
Nick

Re: ckeditor report [ In reply to ]
Nick, hi!

Indeed, preview is based on a saved story. A story is not saved until you
click Save and Stay, so Preview will work only afterwards.

What was wrong here if you recall, is that, any text entered in the brand-new editor
didn't get saved on Save!. The typed-in text was lost.

Here this is fixed. So text typed in a brand new editor is saved on Save.
Note however, there are two commits on my fork regarding this bug.

Regards, Zdravko