Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-Announce] www.sapo.pt/ now runs in Bricolage!
Hi!

I'm proud to announce that the homepage of the largest portal and
largest ISP of Portugal, SAPO,
is since last week managed via Bricolage.

The homepage is at
http://www.sapo.pt/index.html

We have about 1,000,000 pageviews each day on the homepage.

Each component of the page is a separate article, with different teams
managing each component.

The shopping area is managed by a sales group, whereas the news
headlines are managed by a
different group. Each one cannot edit the other parts of the page,
thanks to Bricolage group permissions.

Heavy CSS use allows each user to preview a component individually,
appearing exactly as if it was live.

Publishing the article, makes the component automatically visible on
the homepage, which is also a Bricolage
article containing only related articles so that it knows which
components to call.

The frontend servers run HTML::Mason, so we have lots of realtime code
generated by Bricolage, to allow
realtime rotation of headlines, whole sections of the page to
appear/disappear at a given time.

Come and take a look! The html is almost all of it done using CSS and
xhtml, unfortunately the way that
IE 5.0 in windows badly handles CSS, forced us to use tables on the top
of the page.

Joao Pedro Goncalves
SAPO - Portugal Online
http://www.sapo.pt/