Mailing List Archive

configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (char)
hi list, i know there is a question about this in the past, but it didn't help me
i use CentOS 5.2 and install spread 4.1.0 in /usr/local and now i want to install wackamole 2.1.4
when i configure wackamole by using this command:
./configure --with-cppflags=-I/usr/local/include --with-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib
at the end of the output, it results:
checking whether snprintf correctly terminates long strings... no
configure : WARNING: ****** Your sprintf() function is broken, complain to your vendor
checking for char... yes
checking size of char... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (char)
See `config.log' for more details.

i've checked the config.log file, but nothing indicates what the problem is
is there anyone can help me solving this?