Mailing List Archive

wackamoel email notification
hello everybody.
i installed wackamole to 2 mac server as failover and everything works so far.
does anybody know whether it is possible that the server or wackamole sends
me an email when a failover happens and the ip adresses have changed (what
wackamole should do)?

greets ben

Re: wackamoel email notification [ In reply to ]
On Jul 1, 2007, at 3:31 PM, Ben Schweikert wrote:

> hello everybody.
> i installed wackamole to 2 mac server as failover and everything
> works so far.
> does anybody know whether it is possible that the server or
> wackamole sends
> me an email when a failover happens and the ip adresses have
> changed (what
> wackamole should do)?

Mailing you: wackamole logs these things via syslog (daemon.notice).
So you could feasibly configure syslog to mail you or some other
facility connected to syslog.

Not sure I understand the second question, but if you are asking "how
do I make wackamole do neat tricks when its IP configuration
changes?" the answer is through plugins. It supports plugins via C
and perl.

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal@OmniTI: http://omniti.com
// Esoteric Curio: http://www.lethargy.org/~jesus/