Mailing List Archive

Trying to combine byLogWindow and bySession - no luck
Hello,

I try to figure out the best config for our
backhand cluster.

Two things have to be accomplished:
-Good distribution of load
-Session stickyness

So I tried:

byAge
bySession
byRandom
byLogWindow
byBusyChildren

The problem:
If the bySession directive matches, the server list will
contain one entry only. If this one-member list is processed
by byLogWindow, it results in a zero-member list
(seems to be a bug to me) -> user gets an error.

If I try instead:

byAge
byRandom
byLogWindow
byBusyChildren
bySession

there's a good chance not to catch the existing session, as the
hosting machine might have been dropped from the list by
byLogWindow

Any ideas anyone?

Tilman

Re: Trying to combine byLogWindow and bySession - no luck [ In reply to ]
On Jan 27, 2005, at 10:58 AM, Tilman Kastner wrote:
> I try to figure out the best config for our
> backhand cluster.
>
> Two things have to be accomplished:
> -Good distribution of load
> -Session stickyness
>
> So I tried:
>
> byAge
> bySession
> byRandom
> byLogWindow
> byBusyChildren
>
> The problem:
> If the bySession directive matches, the server list will
> contain one entry only. If this one-member list is processed
> by byLogWindow, it results in a zero-member list
> (seems to be a bug to me) -> user gets an error.
>
> If I try instead:
>
> byAge
> byRandom
> byLogWindow
> byBusyChildren
> bySession
>
> there's a good chance not to catch the existing session, as the
> hosting machine might have been dropped from the list by
> byLogWindow
>
> Any ideas anyone?

The behaviour you are seeing in byLogWindow was indeed a bug. It has
been fixed in CVS. Use the CVS version.

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/
// OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. -- http://www.omniti.com/
// Ecelerity: fastest MTA on Earth

Re: Trying to combine byLogWindow and bySession - no luck [ In reply to ]
Am 27.01.2005 um 17:40 schrieb Theo Schlossnagle:
> The behaviour you are seeing in byLogWindow was indeed a bug. It has
> been fixed in CVS. Use the CVS version.
Wow - that was fast. Works like expected now. Thank you!

Tilman

--
Tilman Kastner abian GmbH
Tel.: (05 11) 9 29 99 66 Deisterstrasse 81