Mailing List Archive

backhand directives
Here is my setup:

I have one main server. I have 2 other servers for load balancing. I have
backhand installed on all 3 of them. My status page works fine.

On each server and for each virtual host, I have backhand directives set (such
as multicast and acceptstats). These are set on all 3 of the servers.

Only on the main server do I have the directives for specifying the criteria
of determining the best server to go with. Currently I'm using byLoad .2.

However, the load of of the 2 other servers put together isn't even 1/4 the
load on the main server. Do I need to put these load balancing directives on
the other servers as well or is the problem that I need to use something
better than what I am currently using? I have the same results using
'byBusyChildren'.

Thanks.

-Cameron

--

"Trying to double your pleasure Bart... Well I'll double your detention"