My wife and kids have no idea what I do for their entertainment. And I'm
not done yet.

Third, if you use Stephen's resource, SCRpms is not a stand-alone repo.
It works in conjunction with both ATRpms and ELRepo. I had several
installs fail (or worse work partially) because I did not
--enablerepo=atrpms --enablerepo=elrepo.

Here's to my next update in four years.

Kirk Bocek

Re: 0.27.4-31 Upgrade Final Thoughts [ In reply to ]
On 07/06/2015 21:15, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> First off, thank you Stephen for making your resource available. I've
> done a search and I really think you are the *only* one doing Myth EL
> packages right now. The updated Nvidia packages are especially helpful.
>
> Second, this has been a total confirmation of my practice of *not*
> upgrading my Myth hosts once I get them settled and working. This has
> been an unending Gordian knot of fixes, breaks, problems and
> annoyances. My wife and kids have no idea what I do for their
> entertainment. And I'm not done yet.
>
> Third, if you use Stephen's resource, SCRpms is not a stand-alone
> repo. It works in conjunction with both ATRpms and ELRepo. I had
> several installs fail (or worse work partially) because I did not
> --enablerepo=atrpms --enablerepo=elrepo.
>
> Here's to my next update in four years.
>
> Kirk Bocek

You should get into the habit of making notes as you go along, it makes
a rebuild so much easier and you can delete/add stuff as you find it
works or doesn't

Stephens myth packages are amazing, but do yourself a favour and move to
the elrepo nvidia-kmod

No more matching a kmdl to a specific kernel, no more waiting for
someone else to build it every time you upgrade etc.

cheers

Dunc