Brian Millett -
[ Dr. Kyle (re: Vorlon Ambassador Kosh), "The Gathering"]
"Even for an alien, this one is pretty alien."
Re: atrpms vs rpmfusion ?? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 07:37:25AM -0600, Brian Millett wrote:
> How will atrpms integrate or work with the rpmfusion effort?

http://lists.fedoraunity.org/pipermail/repo-merge-discussion/2007-May/000137.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-May/msg00019.html

In short: Many people don't like Thorsten's agenda and the original
merging project moved over to rpmrepo.org.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Re: atrpms vs rpmfusion ?? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 09:10 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 07:37:25AM -0600, Brian Millett wrote:
> > How will atrpms integrate or work with the rpmfusion effort?
>
> http://lists.fedoraunity.org/pipermail/repo-merge-discussion/2007-May/000137.html
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-May/msg00019.html
>
> In short: Many people don't like Thorsten's agenda and the original
> merging project moved over to rpmrepo.org.

Sorry I scratched a sore.

So I gather that the best approach is to use priorities and determine
which repo I want to have a higher priority to avoid conflict?

Thanks Axel.
--
Brian Millett - [ Garibaldi, "Revelations"]
"Now Jack didn't admit anything, but he did say that the Homeguard wasn't
Re: atrpms vs rpmfusion ?? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 08:32:51AM -0600, Brian Millett wrote:
> So I gather that the best approach is to use priorities and determine
> which repo I want to have a higher priority to avoid conflict?

Actually I think priorities/weighing/scoring etc. are all ill
defined. Search for partial/selective enabling of repos for further
details.

The real answer is that repos need to cooperate for users to enable
them together. If the repo maintainers can't sort it out, how are end
users supposed to do that?

Having said that many (power) users manage very well with the
filtering they employ. But once you do so, please make sure you check
every bug you find that it is not induced by this per host
configuration.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net