Axel,

I fixed the latest driver, so it builds the kernel module:

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics331.20-331.20-162.fc18.src.rpm

Can you put the wheels to run again?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: Fixed nvidia driver 331.20 [ In reply to ]
On 12/15/2013 12:58 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> Axel,
>
> I fixed the latest driver, so it builds the kernel module:
>
> http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics331.20-331.20-162.fc18.src.rpm <http://people.atrpms.net/%7Epcavalcanti/srpms/nvidia-graphics331.20-331.20-162.fc18.src.rpm>
>
> Can you put the wheels to run again?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> LCG - UFRJ

We have found the process signal mask is randomly but frequently corrupted with this version of the drivers. Causes all sorts of interresting issues, like GUI subprocess elements don't quit when the main parent exits.

A quick google search of "nvidia 331.20 signal mask" leads to this thread, and in particular, the following post: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/633706/linux/recent-drivers-cause-applications-to-hang-not-start-at-all-or-compilation-failures/post/4031596/#4031596

I suggest more caution than usual before releasing this version.

Re: Fixed nvidia driver 331.20 [ In reply to ]
Interesting. I did not notice anything yet, and I can run the C program
below just fine:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7435944.html

I was having gkrellm dying with version 319.49, but it seems stable until
now with 321.20
Maybe this depends on the card type, but I did not see any report for
fedora, and rpm fusion is shipping this driver for F19:

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/updates/19/x86_64/repoview/index.html

Anyway, I removed a test, for applying patch0, from the spec file, which
was causing the kernel module compilation fail for fedora.