--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: mpd 0.18 [ In reply to ]
There is a new version:

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/srpms/mpd-0.18.1-31.fc18.src.rpm

The spec file has been rewritten:

* Tue Nov 05 2013 Paulo Roma <roma@lcg.ufrj.br> 0.18.1-31
- Updated to 0.18.1
- Added BR glib2-devel >= 0.28
- Added a logrotate file
- Updated systemd scriptlets and remove chkconfig from the Requires
- Added tmpfiles.d in case user wishes to use socket file
- Changed default log file location to /var/log/mpd/mpd.log

Unfortunately, version 0.18+ requires glib2 >= 0.28 (rhel is out) and the
compilation is failing for 32 bits. Nonetheless, someone may be interested
in testing for x86_64 ...

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: mpd 0.18 [ In reply to ]
In fact, the problem is the version of audiofile in F18, which is too old.

Therefore, it should compile in F19+ and F18 x86_64 only.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: mpd 0.18 [ In reply to ]
Thanks Paulo,

Works fine on F19! There are some paths in the sample config file like
pid-file and log-file which are not the commonly used paths on fedora -
no problem, I just noticed in resolving with my prior config file.

Best regards,
Kim

PS Is Axel stil active here?

Re: mpd 0.18 [ In reply to ]

Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: mpd 0.18 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Kim Bisgaard
<kim+j2@alleroedderne.adsl.dk>wrote:

> Thanks Paulo,
>
> Works fine on F19! There are some paths in the sample config file like
> pid-file and log-file which are not the commonly used paths on fedora - no
> problem, I just noticed in resolving with my prior config file.

The example config file in the doc dir is just for reference.
There should be a /etc/mpd.conf or /etc/mpd.conf.rpmnew (if you already had
a file there) with the appropriate values for running mpd. You need just to
uncomment
the line

bind_to_address "/run/mpd/socket"

for putting the socket in the /run directory, and set the music directory
in mpd.conf.

> Best regards,
> Kim
>
> PS Is Axel stil active here?

I guess so...

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: mpd 0.18 [ In reply to ]
On 08-11-2013 09:39, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Kim Bisgaard
> <kim+j2@alleroedderne.adsl.dk <mailto:kim+j2@alleroedderne.adsl.dk>> wrote:
>
> Thanks Paulo,
>
> Works fine on F19! There are some paths in the sample config file
> like pid-file and log-file which are not the commonly used paths on
> fedora - no problem, I just noticed in resolving with my prior
> config file.
>

> The example config file in the doc dir is just for reference.
> There should be a /etc/mpd.conf or /etc/mpd.conf.rpmnew (if you already had
> a file there) with the appropriate values for running mpd. You need just
> to uncomment
> the line
>
> bind_to_address "/run/mpd/socket"
>

> for putting the socket in the /run directory, and set the
> music directory in mpd.conf.

Yes that was one of them - but a mistake on my part - I am used to
/var/run but that is /run now so like i said - my mistake.

The other is thid:
/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/mpd.conf

Which would normally be '/var/log/...'

Since the default is to log via syslog it does not matter much. The
package does contain this, which would be unnecessary:
# rpm -ql mpd
/var/log/mpd
/var/log/mpd/mpd.log

Best regards,
Kim

Re: mpd 0.18 [ In reply to ]
> Yes that was one of them - but a mistake on my part - I am used to
> /var/run but that is /run now so like i said - my mistake.
>
> The other is thid:
> /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/mpd.conf

> Which would normally be '/var/log/...'

This file is to recreate /run/mpd at each reboot of the computer.

more /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/mpd.conf

d /run/mpd 0755 mpd mpd -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Tmpfiles.d

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ
Re: mpd 0.18 [ In reply to ]
On 08-11-2013 11:24, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

> /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/mpd.conf
>

> Which would normally be '/var/log/...'

Sorry what I wanted to write was:

#log_file "/var/lib/mpd/log"

lib <-> log

:-/

Re: mpd 0.18 [ In reply to ]
You should use /var/log/mpd/mpd.log

There is a log rotate now...

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Kim Bisgaard