Mailing List Archive

EOL plan for RH7.3-RH9, FC1-FC2, RHEL3, please upgrade
Hi,

with the advent of FC6t2 today Fedora Legacy is dropping support for
FC1 and FC2. RH8.0 has been dropped since some time already and RH7.3
and RH9 will be dropped between Oct 1st and the end of the year (the
first date is the deadline for submitting new bug reports)

W/o a security update plan ATrpms is going to drop support for these
distros, too. According to stats from the master mirror this will
affect about 10% of ATrpms users, so this is a plea to upgrade to more
recent versions of Fedora Core and/or RHEL and clones.

The plan for a staged EOL for FC1, FC2, RH7.3, RH8.0 and RH9 is as
follows:

immediately: no builds for new (not updated) packages
20060901: updated packages failing to build under these distros
don't get fixed
20061001: no more updates
20070101: removal

The dates are earliest dates, e.g. support may (or may not) continue
after the named dates.

Note that since I only have a limited set of RHEL licenses I will drop
support for RHEL3 when RHEL5 is released in beta channels. RHEL3 (or
clones) ATrpms users are less than 1% and RHEL3 support was never
officially announced, so it shouldn't affect too many people.

Please upgrade to FC5/RHEL4 or FC6/RHEL5 within the next
months. Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net