Mailing List Archive

mod_rewrite redirect not working in private browsing?
We have a site which was run by a group whose members have all moved on,
but they kept the website active to preserve their work online.

They've asked it to be permanently redirected to the new location for
anyone still using the old URL. I set this up in the site's .conf file
under the conf.d path, and it's been working as far as I understand it.

The issue comes when I test the redirect on a private browser session.
Instead of redirecting, I get the contents of the index file in the root
html path instead of the new URL that it's supposed to go to. Is this
expected behavior..?

jim