John Orendt
John.p.orendt@medtronic.com

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records. To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com
Re: Apache 2.4.54 x64 securing the SSL private key with Apache httpd on Windows beyond BitLocker [ In reply to ]
letsencrypt

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Apache 2.4.54 x64 securing the SSL private key with Apache httpd on Windows beyond BitLocker [ In reply to ]
On Friday 29 July 2022 at 17:38:20, Curtis Maurand wrote:

> letsencrypt

What difference does the choice of CA make to the method for securing the
private key?

Antony.

--
This sentence contains exacly three erors.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Re: Apache 2.4.54 x64 securing the SSL private key with Apache httpd on Windows beyond BitLocker [ In reply to ]
the private will generate errors and some browsers will not talk to a server with a private key. I thought bitlocker simply encrypted disk volumes

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Apache 2.4.54 x64 securing the SSL private key with Apache httpd on Windows beyond BitLocker [ In reply to ]
On Friday 29 July 2022 at 21:37:02, Curtis Maurand wrote:

> the private will generate errors and some browsers will not talk to a
> server with a private key.

I think you are talking about self-signed certificates.

> I thought bitlocker simply encrypted disk volumes

I think so too.

Antony.

> > On Jul 29, 2022, at 12:25 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> > ?On Friday 29 July 2022 at 17:38:20, Curtis Maurand wrote:
> >> letsencrypt
> >
> > What difference does the choice of CA make to the method for securing the
> > private key?

--
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Re: Apache 2.4.54 x64 securing the SSL private key with Apache httpd on Windows beyond BitLocker [ In reply to ]
On 7/29/22 15:40, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Friday 29 July 2022 at 21:37:02, Curtis Maurand wrote:
>
>> the private will generate errors and some browsers will not talk to a
>> server with a private key.
> I think you are talking about self-signed certificates.

I am, but your original message seemed to imply you were interested in
self-signed.  If I was wrong, I apologize.

https://curtis.maurand.com