Mailing List Archive

mod_proxy_http getting double-slashes sporadically
Ok, trying to figure out how to fix this.

For our mod_proxy configuration we are getting sporadic double-slashes showing up after the ProxyPass URL. For example:

ProxyPass /myapp balancer://mybalance/myapp
ProxyPassReverse /myapp balancer://mybalance/myapp

Most of the URL's being passed are correct:

http://myhost.mydomain.com/myapp/mainpage/index.htm

however, we are seeing some strangeness with some URLs resulting in something like this:

http://myhost.mydomain.com/myapp//features/images/logo.gif<http://myhost.mydomain.com/myapp/features/images/logo.gif>

This is causing a 500 error when it's done like this. I am trying to figure out why it's doing this and how to correct.

We have tried

ProxyPass /myapp/ balancer://mybalance/myapp/
ProxyPassReverse /myapp/ balancer://mybalance/myapp/

And

ProxyPass /myapp/ balancer://mybalance/myapp
ProxyPassReverse /myapp/ balancer://mybalance/myapp

And

ProxyPass /myapp balancer://mybalance/myapp nocanon
ProxyPassReverse /myapp balancer://mybalance/myapp

We have tried some rewrite rules, but nothing is working so far. Unless we add to our background app to substitute // with /, we end up with these double slashes.

Any assist would be awesome!

Thanks,

Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
Jon McAlexander
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Asst. Vice President
He/His

Middleware Product Engineering
Enterprise CIO | EAS | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions

8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
MAC: F4469-010
Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508

jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com<mailto:jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com>
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.
Re: mod_proxy_http getting double-slashes sporadically [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 9:35 PM <jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Ok, trying to figure out how to fix this.
>
> For our mod_proxy configuration we are getting sporadic double-slashes showing up after the ProxyPass URL. For example:
>
> ProxyPass /myapp balancer://mybalance/myapp
> ProxyPassReverse /myapp balancer://mybalance/myapp

How are your BalancerMember(s) defined in the <Proxy
balancer://mybalance..> block?

Regards;
Yann.

Re: mod_proxy_http getting double-slashes sporadically [ In reply to ]
How are you callin the gif ( logo.gif
<http://myhost.mydomain.com/myapp/features/images/logo.gif> ) from this
page (http://myhost.mydomain.com/myapp/mainpage/index.htm) ?

Deepak
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated
- Mahatma Gandhi"

+91 73500 12833
deicool@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool

"Plant a Tree, Go Green"

Make In India : http://www.makeinindia.com/home

How are you callin the gif ( logo.gif<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/myhost.mydomain.com/myapp/features/images/logo.gif__;!!F9svGWnIaVPGSwU!rWQmGZINookSi5RTjbGBHOM6MEz73nX8QA2wtcjMeOKOGW_gRe3sdrCaAuhJkc70h_dudY2juiOoXTAggc_eVvk$> ) from this page (http://myhost.mydomain.com/myapp/mainpage/index.htm<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/myhost.mydomain.com/myapp/mainpage/index.htm__;!!F9svGWnIaVPGSwU!rWQmGZINookSi5RTjbGBHOM6MEz73nX8QA2wtcjMeOKOGW_gRe3sdrCaAuhJkc70h_dudY2juiOoXTAgWBOE2jM$>) ?

Deepak
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Mahatma Gandhi"
+91 73500 12833
deicool@gmail.com<mailto:deicool@gmail.com>

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/deicool__;!!F9svGWnIaVPGSwU!rWQmGZINookSi5RTjbGBHOM6MEz73nX8QA2wtcjMeOKOGW_gRe3sdrCaAuhJkc70h_dudY2juiOoXTAgER6s74k$>
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.linkedin.com/in/deicool__;!!F9svGWnIaVPGSwU!rWQmGZINookSi5RTjbGBHOM6MEz73nX8QA2wtcjMeOKOGW_gRe3sdrCaAuhJkc70h_dudY2juiOoXTAgGYDwqLA$>

"Plant a Tree, Go Green"

Make In India : http://www.makeinindia.com/home<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.makeinindia.com/home__;!!F9svGWnIaVPGSwU!rWQmGZINookSi5RTjbGBHOM6MEz73nX8QA2wtcjMeOKOGW_gRe3sdrCaAuhJkc70h_dudY2juiOoXTAgY8s7VuQ$>