I guess that module has to write to dbm password files.

Just to be clear, I want to use `mod_authn_socache` to maintain the cache.

Is there any module or mechanism to do this?
Re: How to sign up using Apache [ In reply to ]
There is no built-in module that provides user registration - that is
something you would need to implement yourself.

- Y

Re: How to sign up using Apache [ In reply to ]
Who writes to dbm password files? I mean how are new users registered?

If apache authenticates using `mod_auth_basic` or `mod_auth_digest` then
someone must put the users with their credentials there.

Best regards,
Ahmmad Ismail

Re: How to sign up using Apache [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 3 Jul 2022 20:26:45 +0600
Ahmad Ismail <ismail783@gmail.com> wrote:

> Who writes to dbm password files? I mean how are new users registered?
>
> If apache authenticates using `mod_auth_basic` or `mod_auth_digest`
> then someone must put the users with their credentials there.
>
> Best regards,
> Ahmmad Ismail

I setup users over SSH with Python:

subprocess.run(['ssh', 'me@server.tld', 'htdbm -bt /usr/local/apache2/var/users.dbm', email, pword,
'{},'.format(alias)])

Works really well. You will need to make yourself the owner of the dbm
file and www-data as the group.

Simon

Re: How to sign up using Apache [ In reply to ]
Wow! great solution. So we have to use htdbm. Is this the standard way of
doing it or are there other alternatives?