Mailing List Archive

Where to put MaxRequestWorkers setting?
I see various suggestions online of MaxRequestWorkers appearing in either <IfModule event.c> or <IfModule IfModule mpm_event_module>

Does it matter which one is used? What are the circumstances in which it matters?

This instance was installed from the Rocky 8.5 repos, if that is useful. I have not currently modified anything from the default install.

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.
Re: Where to put MaxRequestWorkers setting? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 4:07 PM Doug Whitfield <dwhitfield@perforce.com>
wrote:

> I see various suggestions online of MaxRequestWorkers appearing in either
> <IfModule event.c> or <IfModule IfModule mpm_event_module>

No difference between the two.
Wrapping it in any ifmodule at all: Only if you'd ever use the config with
another MPM _and_ want the value to differ. For example, if you waffled
between worker and event and indeed more threads w/ worker since none are
offloaded.