I’ve been trying for a couple of weeks on a oracle compute instance with no
luck so I thought I would try a Multisite on a local Ubuntu virtual machine
with no luck either.
Re: Multisite not working for two websites [ In reply to ]
Hi, I'm usually the guy that needs requests help :D but have you tried
this directory block?

<Directory "/var/www/website2.com/public_html">
Require all granted
Options -Indexes
</Directory>

P.S I noticed in your stack post that you added Directory block of
website1.com within website2.com

---

Re: Multisite not working for two websites [ In reply to ]
Hi :D, Yeah I tried directory blocks within the configs, I updated my stack
post as that was a spelling error as I changed the configs for my post
using generic domain instead of my actual domains XD, literally going to
set up a new VM and start fresh again. There must be a bug or something
with apaches name handling as port based works, (also updated my stack
post) to show port based virtual hosts are working.

Re: Multisite not working for two websites [ In reply to ]
IT'S WORKING:

Weird, fresh VM, 99% of guides are the same except the write up on vultr.
Could it have been me being lazy and running a web server as root user? The
only thing different was this command:
sudo find /var/www/website1.com/public_html -type d -exec chmod g+s {} \;

Guide that worked:
https://www.vultr.com/docs/set-up-virtual-hosts-with-apache-on-ubuntu-20-04-lts/

Re: Multisite not working for two websites [ In reply to ]
You deleted the stackoverflow post - what did the error log say, exactly?

Re: Multisite not working for two websites [ In reply to ]
Gday,

I don’t think there was an error on on the log, there was also no error
running apachectl configtest.

It’s working now, I setup a new VM and followed a post on vultr, only thing
I did was differently was installing as a sudo user, not root, and this
command: sudo find /var/www/website1.com/public_html -type d -exec chmod
g+s {} \;

Could probably replicate it following this guide:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-apache-virtual-hosts-on-ubuntu-20-04

Re: Multisite not working for two websites [ In reply to ]
Not really interested in broken/incorrect third-party tutorials. I wanted
to expose the actual error you were getting for folks that read the mailing
list archive.