Mailing List Archive

RE: Upgrade from non_ssl to ssl possible? [EXT]
If touching the configuration of the system is proving difficult – there is always an option to run a further apache on another machine which handles the SSL, and passes the requests back of plain HTTP, in fact this is the way most of the Apache servers we have are set up – it may be Apache, nginx or another traffic manager sitting in front of the backend apaches.

From: Tobias Müller <dermega82@gmail.com>
Sent: 17 November 2021 06:31
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Upgrade from non_ssl to ssl possible? [EXT]

Hi all,

I undertook an old Win-Server 2008R2 System with a httpd 2.2.25 win32 non_ssl.
I know it's outdated. But before we can switch to a new system we need to have https on the current machine.
Is there any way to upgrade the system without losing all its configuration?
A fresh installation is not possible because of other outdated dependencies I could not reinstall.

best regards

Tobias

--
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research