Mailing List Archive

On listing apache modules via salt master, salt-minion service enters "reloading" state on salt minion
Greetings!

I am facing a strange issue between apache and salt stack.

I am using:

CentOS 7
Apache/2.4.48 (IUS)
salt-master and salt-minion both the versions are 3003.1

On executing following command from salt-master to list apache modules on minion:
# salt 'target' apache.modules
on minion, salt-minion service enters "reloading" state. It remains in “reloading” state until restarted.
# systemctl status salt-minion
? salt-minion.service - The Salt Minion
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/salt-minion.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: reloading (reload) since Wed 2021-09-29 00:48:29 PDT; 2 weeks 2 days ago
Docs: man:salt-minion(1)
file:///usr/share/doc/salt/html/contents.html
https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/contents.html
Main PID: 3582 (salt-minion)

My observations / experiments:
1) Previously it was Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) and this issue started after upgrading to Apache/2.4.48 (IUS)
2) Checked apache logs, salt minion logs - no clue
3) Tried prefork mpm as well as events mpm - same issue
4) Disabled some modules which were introduced in 2.4.48 compared to 2.4.6, did not make any change
5) Tried googling but no such article found.
6) Submitted to Stack overflow, but did not get any reply.

I thought of reporting to Saltstack, but with previous version of Apache 2.4.6, salt-minion service is not affected.
I’m not sure if it anything is wrong with this repo or this version of apache.

Thank you for letting me present the issue I am facing and am open to forward this question or provide any more details if needed.

Thank you!

Sonal