Mailing List Archive

Proxy reporting AH00898: Error reading from remote server
Hi all,

I have the Apache proxy module reporting "AH00898: Error reading from remote server" on high load.

Any recommendations for what params should I need to review on the proxy config or on the connector side (Tomcat)?

Thanks for your help

Israel
RE: Proxy reporting AH00898: Error reading from remote server [EXTERNAL] [ In reply to ]
2 things you can do. :
On the tomcat side of things, for the connector try this setting: maxThreads="500"
The default is only 200 if not specified. Definitions can be found here: https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/http.html

On the apache webserver side of things you may need to make connection changes to MPM. Typically on modern versions of linux its using the worker mpm.
Below is an example to handle higher loads. Please note that what you should set these to depends on how may cpu cores you have and can also use more memory.

<IfModule mpm_worker_module>
StartServers 8
MinSpareThreads 200
MaxSpareThreads 400
ThreadsPerChild 50
MaxRequestWorkers 400
MaxConnectionsPerChild 0
</IfModule>

?
Shawn Beard • Sr. Systems Engineer
Middleware Engineering
[cid:image896056.png@FFD2CCA8.0CC1617F]
3840 109th Street , Urbandale , IA 50322
Phone: +1-515-564-2528<tel:+1-515-564-2528>
Email: SBeard@wrberkley.com<mailto:SBeard@wrberkley.com>
Website: https://berkleytechnologyservices.com/
[cid:image142253.jpg@DF5C342D.67501BC6]
Technology Leadership Unleashing Business Potential