service manager looking for incoming requests on this socket.

This may sound complex, but would allow flexibility and simplicity for
users. It does not work because I believe Apache cannot listen on an
unix socket file.

Does anyone have better solutions or ideas to explore?

--
Alexandre
Volunteer in Crans student network organization (crans.org)
Re: Hosting users pages on a common server in 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hello Alex,

you can have a look to XAMPP - it is a Window 10 Pro domain which
can you can use to host websites with Apache, and Tomcat.
Each Server can interact together.
Apache is often use for Open Source software, and Tomcat is often
used for Java Pages.
So, you can provide Socket, by simple Java servelets/application.
You can have several differnt services on the Port of each server
and different pages.
So you can host thousends of Domain's with Apache, and with you
can provide thousends of Servivices with Tomcat.
For me, these two servers are a perfect combination of all.

Hope this helps - HTH
Jens