Mailing List Archive

prompting for user+passwd for a websocket proxied url
dear apache users,

I have a ws:// url proxied with a ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse
statement (e.g ProxyPass /myWsUrl "[localhost listener]")
and an access statement:
<LocationMatch "^/myWsUrl">require user myUser</LocationMatch>

the access protection works, because I get a "GET /myWsUrl HTTP/1.1" 401
line in the access log, and the browser gets a "WWW-Authenticate" response
header, BUT the browser won't open a

user+password dialog-box as with more "conventional" urls

(in fact, the only difference in the WWW-Authenticate response header in
the "usual" urls, is a domain="/" parameter, missing for the ws proxied urls)

is there any config-trick to make httpd return an answer that will trigger the
user prompt?

thanks
kg

Re: prompting for user+passwd for a websocket proxied url [ In reply to ]
On 09 Apr 2021, at 03:08, karrageorgiou giannis <karrageorgiou.giannis@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
> have a ws:// url proxied

That's a new one for me, what is ws:// ??

--
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.." -
Oscar Wilde

Re: prompting for user+passwd for a websocket proxied url [ In reply to ]
@lbutlr schrieb:
> On 09 Apr 2021, at 03:08, karrageorgiou giannis<karrageorgiou.giannis@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>> have a ws:// url proxied
>
> That's a new one for me, what is ws:// ??

Take a look at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebSocket

Hendrik Schmieder
Senior Software Engineer
+49 761 15147 13
Jedox
Bismarckallee 7a
79098Freiburg im Breisgau
Germany
Jedox GmbH
Chief Excecutive Officer (Geschäftsführer): Florian Winterstein
Place of Business: Freiburg i. Br. | Registry Court: Amtsgericht Freiburg | HRB 723467

??[TM.V06112018]