Mailing List Archive

Multiple-instances script doesn't create the init script. Some help please.
Hi everyone,

I am trying to install a second instance of apache on debian. I used the
multiple instance script. during the installation it says:

root@nextcloudpi:/usr/share/doc/apache2/examples# sudo sh
setup-instance suitecrm2
Setting up /etc/apache2-suitecrm2 ...
systemd is in use, no init script installed
use the 'apache2@suitecrm2.service' service to control your new instance
sample commands:
systemctl start apache2@suitecrm2.service
systemctl enable apache2@suitecrm2.service
Setting up symlinks: a2enmod-suitecrm2 a2dismod-suitecrm2
a2ensite-suitecrm2 a2dissite-suitecrm2 a2enconf-suitecrm2
a2disconf-suitecrm2 apache2ctl-suitecrm2
Setting up /etc/logrotate.d/apache2-suitecrm2 and /var/log/apache2-suitecrm2 ...
Setting up /etc/default/apache-htcacheclean-suitecrm2
root@nextcloudpi:/usr/share/doc/apache2/examples#

So systemd is in use and i don't get a service file in init.d When i try to
start the service as mentioned in the code it says there is no
apache2-suitecrm2.service.

I have spent several hours googling this problem but although countless
hours reading I couldn't find anything similar.

How do i create a correct init.d file to start the service, or how do i
stop systemd from working so it is not in use and the script to create a
second instance is allowed to place the script.

I have looked in the documentation and found that there is a script
secondary-init-script, also to be found in /use/share/doc/Apache2/examples.
But I don't understand how this works or how to run it( see
https://alioth-lists-archive.debian.net/pipermail/pkg-apache-commits/2010-February/000296.html

Thanks