Mailing List Archive

Auditlog the Apache webserver http requests
Hi!

Currently I am trying to auditlog the Apache webserver which acts as a load balancer to receive the http request from users laptop through browser (Client IP address) and reverse proxied the request to other frontend/backend server (remote IP address) where the actual applications are hosted.

In Apache server, I am trying to capture the logs for each request : Client IP address and remote forward/backend server IP address with port number.
When I tried CustomLogformat to get the client address with %a. But Is it possible to get the remote IP address in CustomLogformat ?

Also I tried the Errorlog for remote IP address. it works, but it returns multiple lines for each http request. I want to achieve in single line something like :

"Client IP Address -> load balancer Address -> frontend/backend server (remote IP address)"

Your help will be much appreciable!! Thanks in advance

Regards,
Sathish Vijayan

Det h?r e-postmeddelandet kan inneh?lla personuppgifter om dig som s?ndare eller mottagare samt om andra personer. Information om hur vi p? Tre behandlar personuppgifter finns att l?sa p? www.tre.se/gdpr.