I don't want to mess up my current Apache webserver.

My guess is if I install Docker and the image, that it will assume
control and take traffic on that host??

Is that what will happen? My only guess around this issue is setting up
a reverse proxy on my apache server, which routes traffice to bitwarden,
to the container -- how to handle the certbot part of I don't know.

Thanks in advance for any hints, helpful ideas, or anything to fill my
empty head.

Re: Anyone familiar with Docker? [ In reply to ]
Hi Esteban, it depends if the docker will bind up the ports that HTTPD is
using or not, if the project contains a docker-compose file you can check
(and even alter) the port binding.

One thing that you could do is run the nginx container in a different port
and proxy it from HTTPD, it will be a double proxy (httpd <-> nginx <->
bitwarden app) so be careful, but at the same time it would be the easiest
to try out.

In my general experience, playing with docker is quite fun locally, you
could even emulate your own setup inside a docker and put a docker inside
docker (dockerception I know) to see this working.

Usually certbot behaves well with proxies because you don't want to really
proxy the /.well-known/acme-challenge/ request inside docker, you want to
leave it for HTTPD to resolve it (and serve the certificate file), that's
how I deal with certificates and my docker apps at least.

Some people suggest using a certbot docker image but I think it's a bit
more clunky since you have to deal with volume mapping between many more
variables than a pure rule in HTTPD.