Mailing List Archive

Returning customized error message when LimitRequestLine value exceeds
Hi All,
If I set LimitRequestLine to 128 and If I give any request field whose
length is more than 128, apache returns 400 bad request with default xml
error response as below.

< HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
<
<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.</p>
* Closing connection #0

Instead of this default xml error response, I am trying to send json
formatted customized error response using ErrorDoc directive as below:
ErrorDocument 400 /ErrorDocs/custom_error_400.json

Unfortunately , this custom error message is not getting picked up by
apache while sending the error response, instead it sends the default xml
error response.

Requesting for help in resolving this .

With regards,
Re: Returning customized error message when LimitRequestLine value exceeds [ In reply to ]
Hi All,
Any help is appreciated ..
Please let me know, how to handle above issue.

With Regards,

Re: Returning customized error message when LimitRequestLine value exceeds [ In reply to ]
Regarding above issue,
In apache source code, "rv == APR_ENOSPC" condition in protocol.c gets
true and then gets logged with "Request header exceeds
LimitRequestFieldSize%s" in error_log.. Since error code is
set HTTP_BAD_REQUEST, this call returns with 400 error code with XML error
response.
Section "Fcgid and ErrorDocument" in link
https://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html says, ErrorDocument
directive can be used for sending custom error response.. But
unfortunately, its not working for me.
Tried also ProxyErrorOverride On with directive, but of no luck..

Help me in this regard.

With regards,