Jason Pitt PhD 206.616.1193
Kaeberlein Lab jnpitt@uw.edu
University of Washington
Department of Pathology
Health Sciences Building Box 357470
1989 NE Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 98195
*/
Re: shared .htpasswd access across multiple servers? [ In reply to ]
On Friday 24 July 2020 at 23:08:02, Jason Pitt wrote:

> We'd like to have a single .htpasswd file shared across multiple
> machines/servers...is there a way to configure the htaccess file to a shared
> remote .htpasswd file?

Apache doesn't install these files - it only reads them.

How about rsync?

Antony.

--
Just when you think you're done, a cat floats by with buttered toast strapped
to its back.

- Steve Krug, "Don't make me think"

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Re: shared .htpasswd access across multiple servers? [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 25 July 2020 at 00:07:23, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Friday 24 July 2020 at 23:08:02, Jason Pitt wrote:
> > We'd like to have a single .htpasswd file shared across multiple
> > machines/servers...is there a way to configure the htaccess file to a
> > shared remote .htpasswd file?
>
> Apache doesn't install these files - it only reads them.
>
> How about rsync?

Or NFS?

--
This is not a rehearsal.
This is Real Life.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Re: shared .htpasswd access across multiple servers? [ In reply to ]
You can get htaccess to query a SQL, LDAP backend.

Else you will need to look at some type of deployment tool like puppet,
ansible.

HTH

Regards
Brent