I appreciate any comment for making that clear.

Regards,
Mahmood
Re: Counting connections against the limit [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 6:35 AM Mahmood Naderan
<nt_mahmood@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to know what is the relation between ServerLimit and MaxRequestWorkers? I have read about them on the apache website, but still I don't know are these two equal or one should be greater than the other? If yes, by how much approximately and why?

ServerLimit puts a limit on how high you can raise MaxRequestWorkers
without a full restart (instead of graceful).
It also saves room for processes trying to exit which are not counted
in MaxRequestWorkers.

> Also, I want to count the connections with netstat command and compare them with the ServerLimit. I guess ServerLimit is the one that should be monitored. When I check "netstat -plan | grep :443", I see all connections states. Some are not part of the ServerLimit, e.g TIME_WAIT and CLOSE_WAIT. But, I don't know which one should I count exactly. Only ESTABLISHED?

Don't, use /server-status.

Re: Counting connections against the limit [ In reply to ]
>Don't, use /server-status.

Thanks I also use that. But that page has a lot of information.
Still I don't know which number in that page is the sign of reaching ServerLimit.
Do you mean that I always have to look at MaxRequestWorkers which is the number of apache processes?

Regards,
Mahmood
Re: Counting connections against the limit [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 12:13 PM Mahmood Naderan
<nt_mahmood@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> >Don't, use /server-status.
>
> Thanks I also use that. But that page has a lot of information.
>
> Still I don't know which number in that page is the sign of reaching ServerLimit.
>
> Do you mean that I always have to look at MaxRequestWorkers which is the number of apache processes?

For worker or prefork, the top of the page should say how many
requests are being processed. That number is out of
MaxRequestWorkers.