Mailing List Archive

APACHE questions
Hello.

My scenario is client "calling" server1 and server1 is "calling", by
xmlHTTPRequest, to server2.
server2 has to return xml data to server1 and to the client.
my general broblem is cross-domain, as server1 and server2 are not in the
same domain.

Could you, please, clear this for me:
Is APACHE, configured on server1, as proxy is operating as the client
calling server1, or its action is when server1 is requesting server2?
What I need is the second option.

Currently, I have HTML page on server1 and ASP on server2. any other files
options?

Thanks.

Re: APACHE questions [ In reply to ]
ampo wrote:
> Hello.
>
> My scenario is client "calling" server1 and server1 is "calling", by
> xmlHTTPRequest, to server2.
> server2 has to return xml data to server1 and to the client.
> my general broblem is cross-domain, as server1 and server2 are not in the
> same domain.
>
> Could you, please, clear this for me:
> Is APACHE, configured on server1, as proxy is operating as the client
> calling server1, or its action is when server1 is requesting server2?
> What I need is the second option.
>
> Currently, I have HTML page on server1 and ASP on server2. any other files
> options?

Amir,

something tells me that you might be confused as to what is happening.
Or else your explanation above is even more confusing than it looks.

I may be wrong, but "xmlHTTPrequest" is a term (or a technique) usually
linked to Ajax. It is a way for a javascript section in an HTML page,
to tell the browser to make a request to a HTTP server, asynchronously
and "in the background".
In other words, it happens between a browser and a server, not between a
server and another server, as you seem to imply above.

Now, it is possible that your browser obtains an html page from server1,
and in that page there is something that makes a xmlHttpRequest to
server2. And that would be "cross-domain", in some general sense.
But it would be the browser making the call to server2, and not server1
making a call to server2.
It would also have very little to do with Apache.

A different case would be if your browser gets an html page from
server1, and that page contains something that makes a xmlHttpRequest to
server1, but that request to server1 results, at the server1 level, in a
"proxy request" to server2. That "proxy request" from server1 to
server2 then happens without the direct knowledge of the browser, and it
has probably nothing to do with xmlHttpRequest.
And in that case, since the browser always talks to server1, there would
be no "cross domain" aspect involved.

If your case is not among the two I just outlined, could you try to
re-explain and be a little more explicit, maybe providing a real example ?

Re: APACHE questions [ In reply to ]
Hello.

Thank you very much for your detailed replay.
You did clear my point - its the first option you wrote:
HTML page from server1 to client and this HTML page makes XMLHTTPRequest to
server2.

As far as I know the HTML page can only "connect" to its origin server which
is server1.
So, how can it be done?

Thank you.

Re: APACHE questions [ In reply to ]
No luck yet...

Address of HTML from server1:
http://MyPC.aabbcc.com/LocalServer.htm (I use my PC, win server2003, as
server1 for this test).
In this HTML page, this is my JavaScrip code:
var oXmlHttpRequest = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP");
oXmlHttpRequest.open("GET",
"http://MyPC.aabbcc.com/RemoteServerTest/RemoteServer.asp", false);
oXmlHttpRequest.send(null);
sRemoteServerRespons = oXmlHttpRequest.responseText;

To avoid cross-domain issue, the domain name ("MyPC.aabbcc.com") is of
server1 and the rest of the address is of server2.
ReverseProxy, if I got it right, should replce domain name of server1 with
this domain name of server2 (correct?)

Address of ASP on server2:
http://ServerName.xxyyzz.com/RemoteServerTest/RemoteServer.asp (where
"RemoteServerTest" is the name of the IIS virtual directory)

in the httpd.conf this is my code:
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass aabbcc.com/ http://ServerName.xxyyzz.com/

The respons I get is:
"The requested URL /RemoteServerTest/RemoteServer.asp was not found on this
server."

Do I miss something?

Thanks.

Re: apache questions [ In reply to ]
The jvm once grown to its full size (RAM) will keep the RAM. But the JVM
will release all old objects so your new users can access your website. Why
would you want to release the RAM?

Deepak
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated
- Mahatma Gandhi"

+91 73500 12833
deicool@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool