But there is no such file in my Debian installation so I guess it has
been fixed now.

Thanks!

Best regards

--
Fabrice Bauzac-Stehly
PGP 01EEACF8244E9C14B551C5256ADA5F189BD322B6
old PGP 015AE9B25DCB0511D200A75DE5674DEA514C891D

Re: Proposing changes in the wiki [ In reply to ]
This is a very old document that we never really bothered to maintain, as
it should really fall upon the debian maintainer's responsibility.

Now, I'm willing to patch it if you include what should be changed here.
However, since I'm not a debian user, I won't be able to verify your
changes, so someone else will have to chime in.

Re: Proposing changes in the wiki [ In reply to ]
I tried to review it but got lost at this part:

"""
This configuration is overly verbose, complex, and unnecessary.
Instead of pointing out every configuration error in it, I will
rewrite it from scratch:
In apache2.conf change:

# Include all the user configurations:
# BUT not before declaring that we will be using Name-based vhosts!
NameVirtualHost *:80
Include /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
"""

But AFAICT the doc never puts anything in the ununused httpd.conf.

I think it might be better to remove this document then to try to revise it.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 4:28 PM Frank Gingras <thumbs@apache.org> wrote:

> This is a very old document that we never really bothered to maintain, as it should really fall upon the debian maintainer's responsibility.
>
> Now, I'm willing to patch it if you include what should be changed here. However, since I'm not a debian user, I won't be able to verify your changes, so someone else will have to chime in.
>
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 at 16:12, Fabrice BAUZAC-STEHLY <noon@mykolab.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> What's the proper way to suggest or make changes to the wiki?
>>
>> For example, I have spotted things that need correction in
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HTTPD/DebianDeb0rkification:
>> it says
>>
>> "there is also an httpd.conf file in the configuration directory"
>>
>> But there is no such file in my Debian installation so I guess it has
>> been fixed now.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> --
>> Fabrice Bauzac-Stehly
>> PGP 01EEACF8244E9C14B551C5256ADA5F189BD322B6
>> old PGP 015AE9B25DCB0511D200A75DE5674DEA514C891D

Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: Proposing changes in the wiki [ In reply to ]
+1 then.

If the debian folks are willing to document their changes and quirks, we
can possibly discuss integrating a document on the wiki later.