Russian translate Getting Started.
Hi, all.

I translated the getting-started.xml file from Documentation version 2.4
into Russian.
What's next?
I added the file as an attachment to the letter.

With best regards,
Aleksey
Re: Russian translate Getting Started. [ In reply to ]
Typically what we ask is that you find another native speaker to +1 your
translation. Note that they do *not* need to be someone who is
technically proficient at Apache httpd - merely that they are proficient
in the source and target languages.

I'll be glad to commit your changes after that.

That's so much for joining the effort!

Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/
@rbowen

Re: Russian translate Getting Started. [ In reply to ]
> On 15 Apr 2020, at 17:12, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
> Typically what we ask is that you find another native speaker to +1 your translation. Note that they do *not* need to be someone who is technically proficient at Apache httpd - merely that they are proficient in the source and target languages.
>
> I'll be glad to commit your changes after that.

Ideally it should not be for Aleksey to find someone. After all, if he just
asks someone he knows, they may be keen to tick boxes but have no
interest in real review. Speaking English won't help much with
understanding our docs for someone non-techie.

It should be for the Apache community right here to find eyes to review
this contribution. Failing that, maybe we could use this as-is but with an
added warning note about inadequate review and an invitation for readers
to come here with feedback.

> That's so much for joining the effort!

Did you mean "Thanks" there? If so, +1 to that. ??????? ???????.

--
Nick Kew
Re: Russian translate Getting Started. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 19:27, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:

> > On 15 Apr 2020, at 17:12, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> >
> > Typically what we ask is that you find another native speaker to +1 your
> translation. Note that they do *not* need to be someone who is technically
> proficient at Apache httpd - merely that they are proficient in the source
> and target languages.
> >
> > I'll be glad to commit your changes after that.
>
> Ideally it should not be for Aleksey to find someone. After all, if he
> just
> asks someone he knows, they may be keen to tick boxes but have no
> interest in real review. Speaking English won't help much with
> understanding our docs for someone non-techie.
>
> It should be for the Apache community right here to find eyes to review
> this contribution. Failing that, maybe we could use this as-is but with an
> added warning note about inadequate review and an invitation for readers
> to come here with feedback.

+1 with the feedback message on the main documentation for the russian!
much for joining the effort Aleksey !

BR

Luis

Re: Russian translate Getting Started. [ In reply to ]
Getting Started document is a good starting point for the doc and its
translations, and I think it would be bad if we lose Aleksey's work.

Content is not so "technical", and it can be reviewed using Google
translation (for example). It would permit meanwhile to verify the
content, (not the style and syntaxe).

I am volunteer to do this job before committing the result.

However, for the next documents, Aleksey will have to find a Russian
speeking reviewer.

We also can send a message to users mailing list to ask for a Russian
speeking reviewer ?

What do you think of that ?

About readers feedback, how could they send these feedback and who would
they send them ?

Re: Russian translate Getting Started. [ In reply to ]
Hello Aleksey, how are you ?

As I proposed, I reviewed your work through Google Traduction.

Good work !

I brought some corrections you can see in diff file attached ; tell me
if it's OK for you

I changed English version number because you have to translate first
trunk (dev) versions of files, and then port them to 2.4 (stable) version.

The reason is that when 2.6 version will arrive, trunk doc will switch
to 2.6 ; so if you only translate 2.4 files, your work will be lost.

If it's OK for you, I'll commit your work.

What's next?

First, you have to find a reviewer ; I made the job for this file to get
you started.

Why not ask for a reviewer in users mailing list ?

Next files to translate : I suggest first updating style/lang/ru.xml,
then translate the files mentioned at the end of getting-started.xml :
install, configuring, invoking.

Best wishes

Lucien