--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org
Re: MS-WDV and other MS extensions [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 9:17 AM Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am ready to commit MS-WDV support for mod_dav. There are many other
> MS extensions, and I just wonder if we should prepare to configure MS
> extensions one by one or as a whole
>
> I mean, what directive makes more sense in httpd.conf?
> DAVMSext on (and if we add new MS extensions, this enables all of them)
> DAVMSWDV on (and if we implement MS-FOO, we will add DAVMSFOO directive)
> DAVMSext WDV (if we implemnt MS-FOO, it could become DAVMSext WDV FOO)
>
> We can also use the first cas, and turn it into the third case later,
> with "on" being a shortcut for all implemented MS extensions.

I like the third case with an all/on option. If it will need to be
per-directory, maybe an Options like syntax would make sense?
Re: MS-WDV and other MS extensions [ In reply to ]
On 2/10/23 3:53 PM, Eric Covener wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 9:17 AM Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I am ready to commit MS-WDV support for mod_dav. There are many other
>> MS extensions, and I just wonder if we should prepare to configure MS
>> extensions one by one or as a whole
>>
>> I mean, what directive makes more sense in httpd.conf?
>> DAVMSext on (and if we add new MS extensions, this enables all of them)
>> DAVMSWDV on (and if we implement MS-FOO, we will add DAVMSFOO directive)
>> DAVMSext WDV (if we implemnt MS-FOO, it could become DAVMSext WDV FOO)
>>
>> We can also use the first cas, and turn it into the third case later,
>> with "on" being a shortcut for all implemented MS extensions.
>
> I like the third case with an all/on option. If it will need to be
> per-directory, maybe an Options like syntax would make sense?

+1 to an Options like syntax. This would allow you to add a subset of extensions in one go or all with the 'all' keyword plus you
could add / substract from parent list.

Regards

Rüdiger
Re: MS-WDV and other MS extensions [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 09:53:47AM -0500, Eric Covener wrote:
> I like the third case with an all/on option. If it will need to be
> per-directory, maybe an Options like syntax would make sense?

Do you suggests adding values to Options, or to create a DAVoptions
directive?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org
Re: MS-WDV and other MS extensions [ In reply to ]
On 2/10/23 4:06 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 09:53:47AM -0500, Eric Covener wrote:
>> I like the third case with an all/on option. If it will need to be
>> per-directory, maybe an Options like syntax would make sense?
>
> Do you suggests adding values to Options, or to create a DAVoptions
> directive?

I think DAVMSextis fine, but with an Options like syntax.

Regards

Rüdiger
Re: MS-WDV and other MS extensions [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 04:15:16PM +0100, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> > Do you suggests adding values to Options, or to create a DAVoptions
> > directive?
>
> I think DAVMSextis fine, but with an Options like syntax.

Hence for now this?
DAVMSext +WDV

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org
Re: MS-WDV and other MS extensions [ In reply to ]
On 2/10/23 4:22 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 04:15:16PM +0100, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>>> Do you suggests adding values to Options, or to create a DAVoptions
>>> directive?
>>
>> I think DAVMSextis fine, but with an Options like syntax.
>
> Hence for now this?
> DAVMSext +WDV

Following the Options syntax the below should be the same with only one extension available.

DAVMSext WDV
DAVMSext All

Regards

Rüdiger