Looking forward to your feedback and next steps for contribution.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Jesús
Re: mod_wasm: Contributing Upstream to Apache [ In reply to ]
Hola!

Did anyone have the chance to take a look to the latest PR?
It would be great to receive any additional feedback with the upstream contribution in mind.

We are making great progress in our end, now focused on porting more PHP apps for mod_wasm, and support for new language runtimes such as Python and Ruby.

Thanks!
Re: mod_wasm: Contributing Upstream to Apache [ In reply to ]
Hola!

I wanted to update you on our progress since we have recently published new WebAssembly builds for several language runtimes, including:
- PHP 8.1.11 and 8.2.0
- Python 3.11.1
- Ruby 3.2.0

With the inclusion of multi-module support in the mod_wasm v0.10.0 release, Apache can now serve different applications written in these languages using just mod_wasm, all under the WebAssembly security model.

We also opened a pull request (PR#335) about a month ago that includes the source code, documentation, and scripting needed to build mod_wasm as an experimental module, as well as a test to build it on Travis CI.

We are still very interested in contributing this module upstream and helping to maintain it. Please, let us know what improvements or changes would be needed for it to be considered ready for inclusion.

Thanks!
Re: mod_wasm: Contributing Upstream to Apache [ In reply to ]
> We are still very interested in contributing this module upstream and helping to maintain it. Please, let us know what improvements or changes would be needed for it to be considered ready for inclusion.

As a pessimistic PMC member not caring about WASM or these languages,
I worry that marrying the lifecycle together is not advantageous for
either side. Of course I worry about being stuck with the pieces when
employer interest wanes or after turnover. It does not seem like it's
strictly necessary to be part of the server distribution (there are
many examples of successful out-of-tree modules).

However the above is no veto.