From: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 11:08 AM
Subject: FYI: change to travis-ci emailer could cause moderation headaches
To: Users <users@infra.apache.org>

It looks like mails from builds@travis-ci.com are now using a
different email provider.

This means that the envelope sender has changed.

They used to use mandrillapp.com, but now seem to use amazonses.com

mandrillapp.com used a dynamic envelope sender, but there was a
pattern to it which meant that the underlying sender could be detected
(see INFRA-18843)

It's not clear if the amazonses.com envelopes have a common pattern
that could be leveraged in the same way.

If not, I suspect every email from travis.com will need to be moderated.

Unless someone has a better idea of how to allow such emails without
opening the floodgates.

Sebb

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com
Re: Fwd: FYI: change to travis-ci emailer could cause moderation headaches [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 08:58:14AM -0500, Eric Covener wrote:
> I noticed I stopped getting "Travis CI" emails for httpd around 10/21.
> But I see people still discussing CI failures, so I am a little
> confused. Maybe they are only seeing it in the context of PRs.
>
> Did we lose notifications to dev@ as a result of the below? Or something else?

Yup, it's apparently exactly that. I filed:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22619 a while ago

Does anyone know anybody at Travis so we could escalate this? It seems
like having them configure the envelope sender properly would be the
best fix, or at least, easiest for us.

Regards, Joe
Re: Fwd: FYI: change to travis-ci emailer could cause moderation headaches [ In reply to ]
Le 26/01/2022 à 14:58, Eric Covener a écrit :
> I noticed I stopped getting "Travis CI" emails for httpd around 10/21.
> But I see people still discussing CI failures, so I am a little
> confused. Maybe they are only seeing it in the context of PRs.

For me, manual check of
https://app.travis-ci.com/github/apache/httpd/builds as well.

CJ

Re: Fwd: FYI: change to travis-ci emailer could cause moderation headaches [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 08:58:14AM -0500, Eric Covener wrote:
> I noticed I stopped getting "Travis CI" emails for httpd around 10/21.
> But I see people still discussing CI failures, so I am a little
> confused. Maybe they are only seeing it in the context of PRs.
>
> Did we lose notifications to dev@ as a result of the below? Or something else?

Travis support think this has now been fixed, they should be using a
fixed enveloper sender of "builds@travis-ci.com". Is there a build
failure in the dev@ moderation queue for the recent failures, can one of
the moderators check?

Regards, Joe