Mailing List Archive

announce@httpd.apache.org missing

I have no idea why not. Any moderator of that list here?

- Stefan
Re: announce@httpd.apache.org [moderator] missing [ In reply to ]
Stefan,

thanks for RM'ing!

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 3:10 AM stefan@eissing.org <stefan@eissing.org> wrote:

> I have no idea why not. Any moderator of that list here?

Still no sign of it in httpd-announce, the www-announce did make it.
Any chance you had used a different email sender to httpd? You could
try a ping to announce-owner@. Sebb would you happen to have a list of
the current httpd-announce moderators? Are any active PMC members
interested in helping? (Due to the from-@apache restriction, it's
comparatively spam-free.)

Also a post-release cleanup step to add,
https://downloads.apache.org/httpd/ is growing further out of date.
This should contain only the current release except during the release
transition. In the day it takes to copy to the mirrors, the new
release will also be picked up permanently by archive.apache.org. So
once the website links are all updated, the previous release should be
removed to invalidate stale links.
Re: announce@httpd.apache.org [moderator] missing [ In reply to ]
> Stefan,
>
> thanks for RM'ing!
>
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 3:10 AM stefan@eissing.org <stefan@eissing.org> wrote:

>> I have no idea why not. Any moderator of that list here?
>
> Still no sign of it in httpd-announce, the www-announce did make it.
> Any chance you had used a different email sender to httpd? You could
> try a ping to announce-owner@. Sebb would you happen to have a list of
> the current httpd-announce moderators? Are any active PMC members

I am happy to moderate httpd-announce if this helps.

> interested in helping? (Due to the from-@apache restriction, it's
> comparatively spam-free.)
>
> Also a post-release cleanup step to add,
> https://downloads.apache.org/httpd/ is growing further out of date.

I now cleaned https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd/ up, but we need to add
this to automation. Once we move the new binaries there I guess we can remove the old ones. Or should we keep the version before
at this point of time and only remove it when doing the next release?

Regards

RĂ¼diger
Re: announce@httpd.apache.org [moderator] missing [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 at 18:18, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> thanks for RM'ing!
>
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 3:10 AM stefan@eissing.org <stefan@eissing.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > The 2.4.51 announcement on announce@httpd.apache.org did not make it,
> as seen in the mailing list archives.
> >
> > I have no idea why not. Any moderator of that list here?
>
> Still no sign of it in httpd-announce, the www-announce did make it.
> Any chance you had used a different email sender to httpd? You could
> try a ping to announce-owner@. Sebb would you happen to have a list of
> the current httpd-announce moderators?

Moderators can be checked in Whimsy:

https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/httpd#mail

(requires karma, e.g. ASF member, possibly others as well)

Re: announce@httpd.apache.org [moderator] missing [ In reply to ]
On 10/15/21 12:20 PM, sebb wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 at 18:18, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net <mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net>> wrote:
>
> Stefan,
>
> thanks for RM'ing!
>
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 3:10 AM stefan@eissing.org <mailto:stefan@eissing.org> <stefan@eissing.org <mailto:stefan@eissing.org>>
> wrote:
> >
> > The 2.4.51 announcement on announce@httpd.apache.org <mailto:announce@httpd.apache.org> did not make it, as seen in the
> mailing list archives.
> >
> > I have no idea why not. Any moderator of that list here?
>
> Still no sign of it in httpd-announce, the www-announce did make it.
> Any chance you had used a different email sender to httpd? You could
> try a ping to announce-owner@. Sebb would you happen to have a list of
> the current httpd-announce moderators?
>

> Moderators can be checked in Whimsy:
>
> https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/httpd#mail
>
> (requires karma, e.g. ASF member, possibly others as well)

Thanks. How do we add moderators to announce@httpd.apache.org? I would volunteer to be added.

Regards

RĂ¼diger
Re: announce@httpd.apache.org [moderator] missing [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 12:26 PM Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks. How do we add moderators to announce@httpd.apache.org? I would volunteer to be added.

+1, if needed.

Regards;
Yann.
Re: announce@httpd.apache.org [moderator] missing [ In reply to ]
Maybe there is a bug in the release scripts for the announce mails - that part
is least tested. With some of you becoming moderators, we can test this. E.g.
sending an announce, but not letting it through and have feedback.

The SMTP problem is that there is 0 feedback on mistakes, of course.

Kind regards,
Stefan