Mailing List Archive

dist.apache.org
While I prep the release, can someone open an issue at/clarify with infra that dist.apache.org should not list .htaccess files? Thanks!

- Stefan
Re: dist.apache.org [ In reply to ]
> Am 04.10.2021 um 10:09 schrieb stefan@eissing.org:
>
> While I prep the release, can someone open an issue at/clarify with infra that dist.apache.org should not list .htaccess files? Thanks!

Or do we still need them at all? Maybe they should not be there.

Re: dist.apache.org [ In reply to ]
It looks like it's supposed to run mod_autoindex but doesn't...?

Re: dist.apache.org [ In reply to ]
On 10/4/21 10:09 AM, stefan@eissing.org wrote:
> While I prep the release, can someone open an issue at/clarify with infra that dist.apache.org should not list .htaccess files? Thanks!

You mean https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd/.htaccess ?

Regards

Rüdiger
Re: dist.apache.org [ In reply to ]
On 10/4/21 6:02 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 10/4/21 10:09 AM, stefan@eissing.org wrote:
>> While I prep the release, can someone open an issue at/clarify with infra that dist.apache.org should not list .htaccess files? Thanks!
>
> You mean https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd/.htaccess ?

Answering myself after catching up. The reason why you see the .htaccess file and do not see headers.html displayed is that the
page you see is not created by mod_autoindex for a directory on the filesystem, but by mod_dav_svn for files checked into
Subversion. Hence this is some kind of works as designed. As this is only used for release testing I think this is acceptable.

Regards

Rüdiger
Re: dist.apache.org [ In reply to ]
> Am 06.10.2021 um 09:41 schrieb Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org>:
>

> On 10/4/21 6:02 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>>

>> On 10/4/21 10:09 AM, stefan@eissing.org wrote:
>>> While I prep the release, can someone open an issue at/clarify with infra that dist.apache.org should not list .htaccess files? Thanks!
>>
>> You mean https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd/.htaccess ?
>>

> Answering myself after catching up. The reason why you see the .htaccess file and do not see headers.html displayed is that the
> page you see is not created by mod_autoindex for a directory on the filesystem, but by mod_dav_svn for files checked into
> Subversion. Hence this is some kind of works as designed. As this is only used for release testing I think this is acceptable.

Ok. Thanks for checking and explaining.

Regards,
Stefan