does not give any error on curl upload, but no mail appears.

Anyone got a suggestion?

- Stefan
Re: sending announcement mail [ In reply to ]
Fails, how? ... email to announce@apache.org needs to come from your @
apache.org account and include a Reply-To. The moderators may have bounced
your message, if it didn't include some key aspects (eg. download links,
where to find KEYs, etc)

Cheers,
-g

Re: sending announcement mail [ In reply to ]
> Am 16.09.2021 um 12:40 schrieb Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com>:
>
> Fails, how? ... email to announce@apache.org needs to come from your @apache.org account and include a Reply-To. The moderators may have bounced your message, if it didn't include some key aspects (eg. download links, where to find KEYs, etc)

Yes, exactly. It did not fail on send, it did just not appear and Mark Thomas as moderator of announce@a.o did not see it. But now it appeared and I did a retry on the announce@httpd.a.o a minute ago.

Maybe my initial attempts triggered some spammer detected and blackholed the correct mails afterwards. Or there was a queue stuck somewhere. I cannot tell and thus I opened a ticket at infra https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-22338.

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: sending announcement mail [ In reply to ]
it's on announce@httpd.a.o already. I modded it through.

You need to send it to announce@apache.org as well.

Re: sending announcement mail [ In reply to ]
> Am 16.09.2021 um 13:46 schrieb Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org>:
>
> it's on announce@httpd.a.o already. I modded it through.
>
> You need to send it to announce@apache.org as well.

I got the mail from announce@apache.org, but not from announce@httpd.apache.org

Alternate realities?

Re: sending announcement mail [ In reply to ]
> Am 16.09.2021 um 13:50 schrieb stefan@eissing.org:
>

>> Am 16.09.2021 um 13:46 schrieb Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org>:
>>
>> it's on announce@httpd.a.o already. I modded it through.
>>
>> You need to send it to announce@apache.org as well.
>
> I got the mail from announce@apache.org, but not from announce@httpd.apache.org
>
> Alternate realities?

Hmm, maybe my MacOS mail client confuses me...

Re: sending announcement mail [ In reply to ]

I give up. Could you mail <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd/Announcement2.4.txt> to the list where it missing?

Re: sending announcement mail [ In reply to ]
Can you also post this news to Twitter? https://twitter.com/apache_httpd

Thanks,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training
Re: sending announcement mail [ In reply to ]
Am 16.09.2021 um 13:59 schrieb stefan@eissing.org:

>>> I got the mail from announce@apache.org, but not from announce@httpd.apache.org
>>>
>>> Alternate realities?
>>
>> Hmm, maybe my MacOS mail client confuses me...
>
> I give up. Could you mail <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd/Announcement2.4.txt> to the list where it missing?

I think there is still no announcement on announce@apache.org. At least
I don't see it here

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/202109.mbox/browser

and I think I also didn't get it. For the previous 2.4.48 there was one
from Christophe on June 1st:

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/202106.mbox/browser

Thanks and regards,

Rainer
Re: sending announcement mail [ In reply to ]

Thanks for confirming. I now did now a subscribe as 'icing@apache.org' and send the announce mail there again. Let's see if it now goes through.

Re: sending announcement mail [ In reply to ]
Ok, so the problem was that 'icing@apache.org' was not subscribed there - sigh.????