- POST with same form fields done to trigger the update (I assume)

So, what is now the way?

- Stefan
Re: project website update [ In reply to ]
Le 08/09/2021 à 12:13, stefan@eissing.org a écrit :
> Need help to figure out how out website updates now after the "move" (whatever that means).
>
> Formerly:
>
> - changes committed into https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/site/trunk/content
Changes committed in https://github.com/apache/httpd-site
(so needs to be listed as a contributor, I guess)

> - TMP_KEY for from https://cms.apache.org/httpd/publish
> - POST with same form fields done to trigger the update (I assume)
Nothing to do, it is now done automatically by some magic put in place
by infra.
When pushed on github, it lands on h.a.o.

CJ

Re: project website update [ In reply to ]
> Am 08.09.2021 um 12:53 schrieb Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr>:
>
> Le 08/09/2021 à 12:13, stefan@eissing.org a écrit :
>> Need help to figure out how out website updates now after the "move" (whatever that means).
>> Formerly:
>> - changes committed into https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/site/trunk/content
> Changes committed in https://github.com/apache/httpd-site
> (so needs to be listed as a contributor, I guess)

Thanks, Christophe. So that needs some git handling to update the site. Hmm, either
being submitter or make a fork and create a PR. The former sounds simpler.

>> - TMP_KEY for from https://cms.apache.org/httpd/publish
>> - POST with same form fields done to trigger the update (I assume)
> Nothing to do, it is now done automatically by some magic put in place by infra.
> When pushed on github, it lands on h.a.o.

Ack.

Re: project website update [ In reply to ]
> On Sep 8, 2021, at 5:05 AM, stefan@eissing.org wrote:
>

>> Am 08.09.2021 um 12:53 schrieb Christophe JAILLET <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr>:
>>
>> Le 08/09/2021 à 12:13, stefan@eissing.org a écrit :
>>> Need help to figure out how out website updates now after the "move" (whatever that means).
>>> Formerly:
>>> - changes committed into https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/site/trunk/content
>> Changes committed in https://github.com/apache/httpd-site
>> (so needs to be listed as a contributor, I guess)
>
> Thanks, Christophe. So that needs some git handling to update the site. Hmm, either
> being submitter or make a fork and create a PR. The former sounds simpler.

As the one who moved the site for Infra I suggest that you clone from either Gitbox or Github. Make your changes, add the files, commit, and push.

If you use Github then you may need to associate your GitHub with your Apache ID. Go to id.apache.org <http://id.apache.org/> or check your Apache details at whimsy.apache.org <http://whimsy.apache.org/>

Your Github account must have 2FA setup. Changes to Github access rights are pushed hourly from Gitbox to Github.

Regards,
Dave