In what state is our release handling? Given someone holding my hand, could I do it? Or is it better to look someone over the shoulder while he does it?

Cheers,
Stefan
Re: release? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 7:36 AM stefan@eissing.org <stefan@eissing.org> wrote:

> In what state is our release handling? Given someone holding my hand, could I do it? Or is it better to look someone over the shoulder while he does it?

If there is an over-the-shoulder session I would like to tag along. I
am flexible on time of day but I am GMT+4 (EDT). I can host on webex.
Otherwise if you just want to struggle through it I can tag along but
I have no experience.

Also: Anyone who has a showstopper to delay a release (even if not yet
proposed) please add it to 2.4.x STATUS so we can get things in order.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com
Re: release? [ In reply to ]
On 30 Aug 2021, at 12:35, stefan@eissing.org wrote:

> ?In what state is our release handling? Given someone holding my hand, could I do it? Or is it better to look someone over the shoulder while he does it?

When I did it in the past, I walked through the commit emails of previous releases, and performed the same steps.

Regards,
Graham
Re: release? [ In reply to ]
Since you are going through this I wanted to mention:

I think the public doc we have should mention everything that's done
during ther release, even the security stuff that is somewhat private.
The ASF-wide security policy is already public
(https://www.apache.org/security/committers.html) and this is just the
mechanics of it for us.

Anyone object? This way we have one linear place to point to.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com