to dev, but I don't know whether they should instead go to cvs, docs, or
a new list (like notices at httpd). Any opinions?

....Roy
Re: where do we want to send website bot notices? [ In reply to ]
I think any commit, including to the website, should go to commits@httpd
(which should be the proper name for cvs@ which is stoopid archaic).

Cheers,
-g

Re: where do we want to send website bot notices? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 03:50:33PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> I was about to update the site config so that it wouldn't send notices
> to dev, but I don't know whether they should instead go to cvs, docs, or
> a new list (like notices at httpd). Any opinions?

We already have notifications@ which is used for GitHub PR
notifications, that makes sense to me.

Regards, Joe
Re: where do we want to send website bot notices? [ In reply to ]
On 6/28/21 10:12 AM, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 03:50:33PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> I was about to update the site config so that it wouldn't send notices
>> to dev, but I don't know whether they should instead go to cvs, docs, or
>> a new list (like notices at httpd). Any opinions?
>
> We already have notifications@ which is used for GitHub PR
> notifications, that makes sense to me.

I don't care if it is notifications@ or cvs@ / commits@. Both locations make some sense.

Regards

RĂ¼diger
Re: where do we want to send website bot notices? [ In reply to ]
FYI - for the website the locations are controlled from

https://github.com/apache/httpd-site/blob/main/.asf.yaml

github:
features:
# Enable issue management
issues: true

notifications:
commits: cvs@httpd.apache.org
issues: dev@httpd.apache.org
pullrequests: dev@httpd.apache.org

pelican:
notify: dev@httpd.apache.org
autobuild: preview/*
target: asf-site
theme: theme/apache
whoami: main

Github issues is optional and can be turned off.

notifications.commits are the GitHub commits.
notifications.pullrequests happen if anyone suggestions an update to the site.
pelican.notify are buildbot runs of the website.

HTH,
Dave