Mailing List Archive

Notification of analysis on publicly available project data
Dear PMC,

I’m contacting you because your project has been selected by the ASF D&I
committee which is leading a research project to evaluate and understand
the current state of diversity in our community [1]. As part of this
research, we will analyze publicly available data about your project such
as Git logs, Jira boards and mailing lists, to better understand the state
of diversity in Apache projects and to complement the findings we obtained
from the Community Survey that was run this year [2].

This analysis will be performed by Bitegia [3], a vendor specializing in
researching open source projects and foundations. The results will be
published in a report similar to the OpenStack Foundation Analysis
published in 2018 [4].

The analysis will be done only on aggregated data at the project level during
and after processing, ensuring we do not report anything that could
identify a single individual. The data we analyze will be deleted right
after the research is done and won’t be retained by either the researcher
or the ASF.

If you have any concerns or questions, please raise them to the diversity
committee (dev@diversity.apache.org) and/or to the data privacy committee (
privacy@apache.org).

Regards,

Griselda Cuevas