server\core.c(5618,58): error C2065: 'DEFAULT_REL_STATEDIR':
undeclared identifier

Steffen
Re: Trunk DEFAULT_REL_STATEDIR undeclared [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 12:55:03PM +0200, Steffen wrote:
> Tried to build trunk again after 2 years :)
>
> server\core.c(5618,58): error C2065: 'DEFAULT_REL_STATEDIR': undeclared
> identifier

That was added in r1842929 (October 2018) and nobody has noticed Windows
was broken before now? "Discontinued Integration". Try r1877471 but if
Windows MPMs use privilege separation like Unix then the STATEDIR should
be a different directory to logs/ so that's not ideal.

Can someone who cares about Windows pretty pleeeeaseee work out how to
get it building in Travis (or appveyor, or whatever)?
Re: Trunk DEFAULT_REL_STATEDIR undeclared [ In reply to ]
Please fix in trunk. Then I test it further.

You say : whatever.
I can act in some way like Travis, even running/testing.

I do not know Travis and the goal you want.

Some points to consider.

- Win32 and Win64

- Monthly updates Windows and Visual Studio

- To test ? Is there a test framework for Windows ?

- A new module, who add dsp cmake, config etc ?

- VC14, VC15 and VS16 at the moment (licenses needed or the community edition).

- Perl an NASM needed

- awk ?

- Build platform/machine : Win7, Win10 or Server 2019 (need license).
Also it is not recommended to run VC14, VC15 and VS16 on the same machine.

- dsw, dsp files not up to date.

- CMake does not build all : config, crypto in APR and more (tried years ago)

- To keep/maintain dependencies up to date.

- Testing mod_md , firewall must be ok, to communicate with lets-encrypt. Or use the boulder from Stefan

- Special OpenSSL (older) versions. Happens that it works on 1.1.1 and not on 1.0.2.

More...

Yes, lot of points to consider.
Lot of work. Linux is little easier.

Now I build and test quite often when there is a change on branches, with error then I report it on the list or directly tot the author.

Re: Trunk DEFAULT_REL_STATEDIR undeclared [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:42 PM Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 12:55:03PM +0200, Steffen wrote:
> > Tried to build trunk again after 2 years :)
> >
> > server\core.c(5618,58): error C2065: 'DEFAULT_REL_STATEDIR': undeclared
> > identifier
>
> That was added in r1842929 (October 2018) and nobody has noticed Windows
> was broken before now? "Discontinued Integration". Try r1877471 but if
> Windows MPMs use privilege separation like Unix then the STATEDIR should
> be a different directory to logs/ so that's not ideal.
>
> Can someone who cares about Windows pretty pleeeeaseee work out how to
> get it building in Travis (or appveyor, or whatever)?

As far as I understood Mario Brandt should be able to help in the near
future, I tried at the time to add it but it is not an easy task
without some knowledge of Window building beforehand :(

Luca
Re: Trunk DEFAULT_REL_STATEDIR undeclared [ In reply to ]
Current trunk has not this error anymore, thanks.

Later I build the rest. Seen already other errors, I have to do some
adjustments here because added includes. For example mod_ssl now needs
server/core.h.