if you build httpd for Windows can you give us a list of commands and
steps that you usually do? I am not familiar enough with the platform
and [1] is still a bit cryptic to me :)
The end goal is to add the build steps to our Travis config, to run
them every time that a commit happens.

Thanks in advance!

Luca

[1] https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/platform/win_compiling.html
Re: Help needed to test Windows builds in Travis [ In reply to ]
Hi Luca,
sorry for the delay.

You can find a cmake version here
https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=6462

Outdated, but what I did with VS IDE
https://gist.github.com/JBlond/ff51fad2ada2bf711b1b9f844c663136

Mario

Re: Help needed to test Windows builds in Travis [ In reply to ]
This used to work for me:

https://github.com/modcluster/ci.modcluster.io/tree/master/windows/httpd

build.bat

On 11/11/2019 01:31 PM, Mario Brandt wrote:
> Hi Luca,
> sorry for the delay.
>
> You can find a cmake version here
> https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=6462
>
> Outdated, but what I did with VS IDE
> https://gist.github.com/JBlond/ff51fad2ada2bf711b1b9f844c663136
>
> Mario
>
> On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 at 07:56, Luca Toscano <toscano.luca@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> if you build httpd for Windows can you give us a list of commands and
>> steps that you usually do? I am not familiar enough with the platform
>> and [1] is still a bit cryptic to me :)
>> The end goal is to add the build steps to our Travis config, to run
>> them every time that a commit happens.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Luca
>>
>> [1] https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/platform/win_compiling.html

Michal Karm Babacek

--
Sent from my Hosaka Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7
Re: Help needed to test Windows builds in Travis [ In reply to ]
The https://github.com/appsuite/oss-httpd-build/tree/master/mak tree
contains
all the tooling we've used to generate convenience binaries.
Makefile.build-win
should be what you are looking for; we no longer test .dsp/.mak based
builds,
only CMake logic. But testing both while they remain 'supported' is a very
wise
idea.

Re: Help needed to test Windows builds in Travis [ In reply to ]
Hi Luca,
is there any progress on this?

Cheers
Mario

Re: Help needed to test Windows builds in Travis [ In reply to ]
Hi Mario,

first of all apologies for the late reply to you, Michal and William,
I wanted to work on it during the past days but got busy at work. I
have read some docs but didn't try anything, if you have any
prototype/suggestion/etc.. I'll be happy to follow up!

Luca

Re: Help needed to test Windows builds in Travis [ In reply to ]
Hi Luca,

the cmake post on AL has a batch script, so I think that will do the
job pretty well. https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=6462

For a command line build without cmake maybe Gregg or Steffen can help
out more than I can.

Mario

Re: Help needed to test Windows builds in Travis [ In reply to ]
Hi Mario,

will take this as starting point, but since I have zero experience in
building anything on Windows it might take a bit to translate
everything into a meaningful Travis config. Hope to have something to
share during the next days :)

Luca

Re: Help needed to test Windows builds in Travis [ In reply to ]
Hi William,

I had time to review this work and it seems automating most of the
steps needed. Would you have time/energy to work with me to integrate
it in the Travis config? I can definitely help for the Travis config
side, but I am still failing to find time to gather a bit of knowledge
about Windows builds.

Thanks in advance,

Luca

Re: Help needed to test Windows builds in Travis [ In reply to ]
Hi Luca,
did you start somewhere yet?

Mario

Re: Help needed to test Windows builds in Travis [ In reply to ]
Hi Mario,

I didn't had the time to do much, so please feel free to take ownership of
the work to do. I am looking forward to see this done properly :)

If I can help please let me know!

Luca