Mailing List Archive

mail problems
I just did a mailq on my machine..

AA045455846 1212 Thu Apr 27 14:50 hartill
(Deferred: Host Name Lookup Failure)
new-httpd@apache.org
AA043110676 404 Thu Apr 27 13:24 hartill
(Deferred: Host Name Lookup Failure)
randy@dsndata.com
AA036495516 322 Thu Apr 27 09:11 hartill
(Deferred)
new-httpd@apache.org
AA013105025 63 Wed Apr 26 10:50 hartill
(Deferred)
new-httpd@apache.org
AA004103292 309 Wed Apr 26 10:21 hartill
(Deferred)
new-httpd@apache.org

===================================
Seems like the problem with name lookups for apache.org is
affecting some of us badly.

I think one of the above messages was a question, does
anyone know what caused the apache.org name to disappear
from some nameservers ?

I'm going to change my alias back to hyperreal.com, if you are using
the apache.org alias, please do the same to avoid replies being
lost.

Another missing mail message of mine was to do with voting for 0.6.3
and 0.7 I don't fancy retyping that one right now, so I'll
see if I can find the original.

robh
Re: mail problems [ In reply to ]
I think the apache.org name server are not as redundant as they
should be. The net numbers look awfully close, so I'm gussing one
failure can take them both out (I don't know this for sure, Randy?)
Perhaps a new secondary should be added.

Cliff
Re: mail problems [ In reply to ]
> I think the apache.org name server are not as redundant as they
> should be. The net numbers look awfully close, so I'm gussing one
> failure can take them both out (I don't know this for sure, Randy?)
> Perhaps a new secondary should be added.
>
> Cliff

Our fibre out of Omaha has been a bit flaky this week. Any
volunteers as Secondarys? Please send me the info. Brian
and I have setup hyperreal to act as secondary, but I have
been holding the domain change for just this reason.