Mailing List Archive

Apache & Sybase
I've had an offer of development for Apache to use Sybase for authentication
information (like AuthDBM only more so). Unless anyone objects, I'll
accept their offer and suggest that they join this list.

Even if we don't want their code in Apache as standard, I would have no
problem with including it as part of a contrib/ directory in the distribution.

David.

[.His original request was `can the Auth group file be a dbm file?' In response,
I sent him P67]

Re: Apache & Sybase [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 27 Apr 1995, David Robinson wrote:
> I've had an offer of development for Apache to use Sybase for authentication
> information (like AuthDBM only more so). Unless anyone objects, I'll
> accept their offer and suggest that they join this list.
>
> Even if we don't want their code in Apache as standard, I would have no
> problem with including it as part of a contrib/ directory in the distribution.

As how? A different http_config.c and http_auth.c? Any single patchfile
could become outdated unless constantly patched and then removed with
each release.

John Franks, the author of WN, designed it with function modularity in
mind, and so far modules have been written for it that implement MD5
authentication and DBM lookups. Would one of the code warriors like to
take a look at it? <URL:http://hopf.math.nwu.edu/>

Brian

brian@organic.com brian@hyperreal.com http://www.[hyperreal,organic].com/