Hypermail archive set up
<URL:http://hyperreal.com/httpd/arch/>

I'm also building rst's release on SGI and BSDI as we speak. Works well
- I'll try and finish my DBM mods this weekend. Also, is adding
"DOCUMENT_ROOT" to the CGI environment uncontroversial enough? If we can
do that (plus the DBM mods) then I can start load testing apache here.

Brian

brian@hotwired.com brian@hyperreal.com http://www.hotwired.com/Staff/brian/
Re: Hypermail archive set up [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 11 Mar 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:
> Unfortunately, it doesn't know how to replay POST or authenticated queries,
> so Brian probably can't use it without mods; however, it may be of use to
> some other prople here. I use it on SunOS, but it ought to be fairly
> portable (give or take tinkering with the header files).

To replay authenticated requests one would have to have all the
unencrypted passwords, which we don't store, but I suppose it doesn't
matter if I use my password, DBM file disk caching notwithstanding.

More updates - I moved rst's apache to /dist, and untarr'd it there as
well. I presume this is where the working directory will be - Cliff if
you could put it under RCS I'd appreciate it. Also, I've created
/export/apache where we can build stuff out of public view to test
things, etc.

Cliff, I'll leave it up to you to move your patch-list scripts to
hyperreal and devise a revisition control strategy that takes into
account the large number of patches in existance and your
sometimes-limited availability.

Re: Hypermail archive set up [ In reply to ]
If people are running load tests, I have a tool which may be of interest
--- it replays a log file at <n> transactions per second (where n is a
command line parameter), and prints out latency info every 100 transactions.
(There's a limit on the number of transactions which can be ongoing
simultaneously, which has to be less than the number of file descriptors
the process can have open or Bad Things Happen --- the transactions limit
is also a command-line parameter).

Unfortunately, it doesn't know how to replay POST or authenticated queries,
so Brian probably can't use it without mods; however, it may be of use to
some other prople here. I use it on SunOS, but it ought to be fairly
portable (give or take tinkering with the header files).

ftp://ftp.ai.mit.edu/pub/users/rst/monkey.c, for those interested.

rst